What's new
What's new

Ended up going with American Rotary AD60

madmachinst

Stainless
For the price I got it at not worth the hassle. I understand they have single phasing problems so I have an extra cabinet an ICM450 and siemens 150 amp 3 phase contactor will incorporate that before 3 phase panel. Maybe also 2 of those CT amp/volt displays for incoming power. Question is this, the Idler ( yeah right professionally/purpose wound and balanced generator) is ODP and I don't want it inside the shop due to noise and contaminants. Plan on pouring concrete pad for it. Used to be bale to get insulated panels around here dirt cheap as we have a Kingspan factory 3 miles from my shop. There was or maybe still is a guy who would sell panels real cheap. If that isn't available, what do I use to build an insulated dog house around the machine. I plan on making it adjacent and sealed to the metal building with HVAC ( probable like 20X20X1)filter between building and the doghouse. That way can take advantage of the insulated buildings dehumidification and air conditioning. Any ideas on what material could use, either vinyl but preferably metal that won't cost me an arm and a leg and more importantly how many inches clearance from the generator to all sides. I am thinking 4'X4'X3' high? I'm in central FL so humidity is a killer. Here is inside of building, idler will be on outside to the left of the doorway
zuRHD1O.jpg

Outside of building where idler will be to the right of the doorway
KxFCF7c.jpg

BTW won't be using that panel in pic. Have a 125 amp single phase main breaker panel and 200 amp 3 phase main lug panel. Will use Morris products 97643 to split feeder wire to single phase panel and to Rotary then 3 phase panel. Black conduit only there for Ethernet wire.

What’s not worth the hassle?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UH breaking my head with the 50 HP TEFC Idler I have sitting in that shop and making a frame for pony start, balancing it, breaking my head to make everything run, etc etc. Not worth the hassle when I got this for almost 1/3 the price of new. Anyone want to buy a 50 HP Baldor Wye Start Delta run motor? Guy who sold me the American rotary said he ran it on a 150 amp circuit.

Last edited:
Putzing around with like 5hp Idler OK but 50 HP, I know enough to know that things don't just scale up plain and simple. All kinds of gremlins start coming out as things get scaled bigger. I really lost interest in all that when I learned about phase perfects. Lost 2 on ebay, last one I even offered seller more than he ended up selling it for if not for a stinking scammer who messed with my head at the last minute.

Back