What's new
What's new

WTB South Bend 9" Steady Rest

icebrk34

Plastic
Hi All, I am new here and am in need of a South Bend 9" steady rest to complete a job. If anyone has one available I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Douglas

That steady rest is actually mine. I'll let it go for $325 plus $20 for shipping if a forum member wants it.

I've got a steady rest and a follow rest for a 9A. I will sell either for $150 or both for $275. Let me know. I know this price is below market, particularly as these are in great condition - I am feeling helpful; please no one who wants to resell at the market price.

IMG_9775 2.jpg

I've got a steady rest and a follow rest for a 9A. I will sell either for $150 or both for $275. Let me know. I know this price is below market, particularly as these are in great condition - I am feeling helpful; please no one who wants to resell at the market price.

View attachment 347080

Kudos to you Evan! Your lathe came out great. I went through the same process last year. I look back at it fondly now, and as much as I enjoyed doing it, the thought of cleaning more greasy, ignored and abused 80 year old lathe parts is not something I look forward to.

After seeing this, I had to look on ebay; $500 for a 9" telescoping steady rest? The market has gone crazy! Is this the case for all things SBL, or just steady and follow rests?

After seeing this, I had to look on ebay; $500 for a 9" telescoping steady rest? The market has gone crazy! Is this the case for all things SBL, or just steady and follow rests?

It's mostly SB original parts. A 10K steady just sold for $600 (!). threading dials are bringing $150+

View attachment 347080
Are the steady rest and follow rest still available?

Back