What's new
What's new

Old Fashioned Metalworking - Not in the USA

You have NEVER demonstrated any knowledge of machining. I will repeat that anytime you claim to have been a tool & die maker. What you keep repeating are baseless insults, I repeat facts. Once again for the 100th time when are you going to demonstrate any knowledge of machining, even on a year one level?

Your union worked out well for you and your low skilled slacking brothers as evidenced by GM needing to file bankruptcy and get a bail out. Strange how you rip on Trump for filing bankruptcy on 1/100th of his businesses but you are fine with what GM did. Care to explain that?

You obviously haven't seen any of my posts from the 12 years before you got here. Since you've been here it's almost a full time job just responding to your trolling.

And some of us don't have a need to show everyone how much we know about machining every time someone asks a question. I give advice when I feel that I have something to add to what is already being said.

And there you go defending trump again but we all know that you don't even like him. Sure thing.

Not cool dude, you didn't watch the game from the beginning. Big B has been crapping on people who shared the pain of
losing loved ones, once again stooping to the point where if he did that in person would get even the Pope to take a swing at him.

Oh but I have watched it play out from the beginning. I've watched you guys collect wounds since the steel mill thread was in double digits and I am damn tired of it.

You and B run through here with the selfish non stop back and forth b.s. knowing damn well it gets EVERY thread locked that you do it in and that really pisses me off.

Myself and others have tried to explain this numerous times in countless different ways but it doesn't seem to matter. I don't care what a stranger on the internet says about you, me, our beloved family's or anything else. It doesn't give y'all the right to do what you are doing.

I've read the vile things B says at times. It's been directed at me, completely unprovoked, quite a few times. Yes it's a shitty thing to do and it's annoying but tell me - why is it that I am not reacting like you or thunderjet?

I have also seen B try to be civil and then you come in and praud him hard over dumb shit like spelling or how to check a breaker or whatever.

I'm assuming Mr thunderjet got all butt hurt because I refused to join in on the crusade of righteousness you two were fighting this afternoon, so he came after me with this:

Much like the fuckwad talking about his imaginary truck that he bought after owning a german POS car that he got somebody else to fix for him.

What a dooooosh.

My response was a matter of fact statement, not an insult. Men are built to be wise and resilient. Someone who runs their mouth with the intention to cause trouble is an undisciplined fool. Most people do not want to be associated with such behavior so they tend to avoid folks who do it - therefore less friends, more enemies.

When he comes back, I will be perfectly willing to engage in civil conversation. Why? ...because it's just stupid dumb shit that doesn't matter. It is the constant back-and-forth poking and prodding that grows these things into a enemy vs enemy situation.

If Big B engages me in conversation and hes not being a dick? I'm going to talk to him like I would anyone else. If that's an issue? Well then whatever - throw me in the "libtard" box I guess.

Who reads all this drivel?....Im retired ,and dont have the hours it would take to wade through pages of puerile insults and general crap......none of it remotely related to the subject .

Who reads all this drivel?....Im retired ,and dont have the hours it would take to wade through pages of puerile insults and general crap......none of it remotely related to the subject .

Retired people that have too much time on their hands.

File was a Deadnought (they have the curved tooth). Used for VERY soft materials - the coarse teeth are so they don't clog.

That was not a repair - that was a suicidal rebuild.
Fuck driving with that on the car doing anything more than 40mph, unless it's on an oval during a demolition derby.
Not sure what Pakistan roads are like but judging by the amount of wheels in there for repair, I reckon they prolly have less pot holes than the UK :skep:

Very nice for Trump to get mentioned again. Glad he takes such an interest in metalworking....

You mean a “ Dreadnought “, they had the curved teeth. There was also the “ Millenicut “, they were very similar but they had straight angled teeth. Great for soft materials.

Regards Tyrone.

I think Paki roads are in pretty good repair due to low wages and costs for repair and maintenence.......crunch comes when you take a wrong turn on a road with a 1000ft drop off...

I was watching a video of some crushers and shredders making usable scrap out of everything from cell phones to whole cars and after it was done this video came up of a rim repair shop that was obviously not in the USA.

Pretty amazing the conundrum of watching shredders in the USA shredding what looked to be good aluminum auto wheels and then seeing the lengths that people will go through in some places to save a smashed wheel.

I could understand it if it was some rare Ferrari wheel but this wheel that they fixed didn't look like anything special. Maybe it was military grade aluminum allory.

Also of note was the confidence that the repair guy had in his repair. When he put a tire on and aired it up he kneeled right in front of it. I'm pretty sure that I'd be at least standing alongside of it if not back by the compressor turning the air valve on.

Hopefully a metal working thread will be OK in this section.

Amazing Technique of Repairing Broken Allory Rim | Restoration Old Alloy Rim of Car - YouTube

Not sure I would trust that rim here in Illinois.

I'll bet you would if it was the only rim you had.

After seeing what it looked like prior to it being fixed I wonder how well the weld would hold up to the crazy weather we have in Illinois. I would think it would start cracking over time where it was fixed.

After seeing what it looked like prior to it being fixed I wonder how well the weld would hold up to the crazy weather we have in Illinois. I would think it would start cracking over time where it was fixed.

After seeing them use the hydraulics to bend it around after welding it, it seems like it would be OK for driving on. Not that I'd want one of those over a new one but my guess is that new ones aren't that available there.

I was just amazed at how much labor they were willing to put into a old aluminum wheel.

After seeing them use the hydraulics to bend it around after welding it, it seems like it would be OK for driving on. Not that I'd want one of those over a new one but my guess is that new ones aren't that available there.

I was just amazed at how much labor they were willing to put into a old aluminum wheel.

I am more curious on how those rims got damaged like the one that was worked on.

Dude, just don't reply.

I think it's kind of fun replying to simpleton bullies like f16. If he keeps dishing it out I'll keep smacking him down.

Did you see where he claimed to know more than most people about automotive charging systems but a few posts later he says he doesn't know much about DC electric in vehicles? Stuff like that. He wants everyone to think he's the smartest person here when he's probably not it the top 50%. Kind of like a recent one term president.

I think it's kind of fun replying to simpleton bullies like f16. If he keeps dishing it out I'll keep smacking him down.

Did you see where he claimed to know more than most people about automotive charging systems but a few posts later he says he doesn't know much about DC electric in vehicles? Stuff like that. He wants everyone to think he's the smartest person here when he's probably not it the top 50%. Kind of like a recent one term president.

It doesn't matter though. Having fun at someone's expense here and there is fine. But not every post. I like to poke at people, but I do it and then that's it.
I mean you do you, but I think you'd have an easier go at it if you relaxed a wee bit. ;)

You mean a “ Dreadnought “, they had the curved teeth. There was also the “ Millenicut “, they were very similar but they had straight angled teeth. Great for soft materials.

Regards Tyrone.

And sometimes called vixen files on this side of the pond. Perhaps the idea of curved teeth? And it does bring things other than files to mind :).

And sometimes called vixen files on this side of the pond. Perhaps the idea of curved teeth? And it does bring things other than files to mind :).

You both don't know shit from clay...to keep up with the theme....they're called body files here. :D

Back