What's new
What's new

T plus control programming radial grease groove in OD.

Tplal1

Plastic
Looking for some help programming a radial grease groove.
I think i have most of the bugs worked out but now i am getting a 638 Illegal designated tool width alarm.
I am using a .078 wide grooving tool (full radius nose)
in tool data 2 I have NR in at .078 and the cut-ang column also at .078
does that sound correct?
Thanks for your time!

also i forgot in the line of code the width area to put the groove width in is highlighted.
is this normal? I will try to post a pic to make it clear as to what i am dealing with.
Thanks again!

Looking for some help programming a radial grease groove.
I think i have most of the bugs worked out but now i am getting a 638 Illegal designated tool width alarm.
I am using a .078 wide grooving tool (full radius nose)
in tool data 2 I have NR in at .078 and the cut-ang column also at .078
does that sound correct?
Thanks for your time!

also i forgot in the line of code the width area to put the groove width in is highlighted.
is this normal? I will try to post a pic to make it clear as to what i am dealing with.
Thanks again!
Tool width alarm usually means the groove width needs to be wider than the tool width for the type of groove you are making. Groove 0 can machine a groove the same width as the insert. This would be a simple plunge in and pull out motion. The Z dimensions on groove 0 are based on the left side of the groove.

Please post a pic of the program and also a sketch of your part.

I can barely make out one picture. Can you post higher resolution pics? The print is too small to read.

One thing I did notice was you have your tool nose radius the same as the groove tool width. Tool nose radius needs to be 1/2 of the tool width.

I can barely make out one picture. Can you post higher resolution pics? The print is too small to read.

One thing I did notice was you have your tool nose radius the same as the groove tool width. Tool nose radius needs to be 1/2 of the tool width.

Phil,
that was one of my attempts to get it to work.
i eventually got it running.
i will post a pic of the program that worked. its not perfect but was satisfactory for a grease groove :)
Thanks for all you help!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• good program.jpg
    good program.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 7
  • correct tool layout.jpg
    correct tool layout.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 5
  • detail of grooves.jpg
    detail of grooves.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 7
  • print in metric.jpg
    print in metric.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 6
Phil,
that was one of my attempts to get it to work.
i eventually got it running.
i will post a pic of the program that worked. its not perfect but was satisfactory for a grease groove :)
Thanks for all you help!!!!!!!!!!!
Cool. Glad you got it working. Pictures are much clearer.

Please post more questions when you get stuck on something. We are here to help. :cheers:

Back