What's new
What's new

What would it mean to manufacturing if Finland and Sweden joined NATO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOT
Put your money where your mouth is, Policeman of the World.

Typical lack of internet skills, boomer. I wasn't alive in 1939. Perhaps you were. I bet Lindbergh could figure out quoting if he had a computer.

When are you and Gus going to jump on a plane and go fight the good fight against the evil Russkies? This is a European problem, let them deal with it. Nothing good will come from the US getting involved.

Is Joe Biden anti war? In Ukraine, if you get killed and it's not by Russian weapons it is likely by the stuff from Joe Biden. After all, it's pretty much a Biden vs Putin thing. Most of the EU ain't got a pot to piss in and, so far, is still sending money for Russian energy.

And now it will be Billions more from Joey's "Lend-Lease" scam.

The U.S. needs to stay away from Ukraine and Eastern Europe.

What a load

Don't invade or you will be sanctioned

somehow means please start a war Vlad

so, helping someone defend themselves against aggression is now starting a war?

What exactly do you expect anyone to do?

Is there some bizarre reason you think the Putin would stop at Ukraine?

What do you do then?

Continue to ignore it as Russia rebuilds the Iron Curtain?

foolishness, ridiculous twisted logic to find any way to blame Putins actions on Biden

pathetic and unpersuasive

Disturbingly it appears that you are definitely so it does not fit all of your previous criticism of American involvement you usually present.

That you seem so supportive of it and does concern me because I feel later you will turn against what you suggest now at a future date.

If we are reckless as regards our support then dangerous and out of control results can possibly occur. Quite frankly I do not trust competency in the current president much at all and it seems others are directing many actions now which I largely have little problem with really.

My concern is that despite competent and bold actions that various decision makers can go off the deep end and never be stopped. The checks and boundaries seem to be non existent regarding many issues and my level of trust is not supported because current leadership is inherently lacking in so many glaring ways which show wanton disfunction.

again, you have no logic or facts.

opposition to one country invading another is not support for war, it is the opposite

Putin has raised the callup age for retired soldiers to 65. The average male lifespan in russia is 65.1 years old.
Bill D

Not no more, it ain't.

He just dropped it 0.1 years .... minimum... so he could save the cost of a funeral..... by 'sooting" them in pop-top armoured vehicles or other "mobile-crematoriums" ... with ignition provided at NATO/OTAN expense and "labour of love" to deliver it by valiant Ukraine.

Too busy stealing with both hands to come up with any better plan, Mad Vlad be...

:(

Typical lack of internet skills, boomer. I wasn't alive in 1939. Perhaps you were. I bet Lindbergh could figure out quoting if he had a computer.

When are you and Gus going to jump on a plane and go fight the good fight against the evil Russkies? This is a European problem, let them deal with it. Nothing good will come from the US getting involved.

WHy is it opposition to a totalitarian regime invading another country equates in your mind to war mongering?

Why don't you go fight on the Russian side?

Oh, wait, you are, waging the all important propaganda war

For the Russians

Bet your parents would be proud

WHy is it opposition to a totalitarian regime invading another country equates in your mind to war mongering?

For the Russians

This post by gustafson certainly qualifies as one of the most asinine PM posts regarding Biden's war in the Ukraine.

BTW - anyone ever seen/viewed anything to do with the Deagel Defence website?
And their predictions by country (population/gdp/military budget etc?)
Specifically, what their predictions were (a couple of years ago) for the G7."Western" countries in 2025?
It's not good reading....
FWIW - they have now removed it all from their site

Yes, IIRC it was kind of spooky what they were showing...

Why don't you go fight on the UKR side? You seem eager to send American tax money and treasure towards their conflict. Your keyboard is your only weapon.

For the Russians

And you're espousing propaganda of the media, the current president, and believing we have some stake in this matter. The US has no reason to meddle in this conflict.

Quite proud. I've served on 3 different continents and survived a VBIED in AFG. My mother will hug me tight today.

[QUOT
Put your money where your mouth is, Policeman of the World.

You sound like Charles Lindbergh. In 1939.[/QUOTE]

I always considered Charles Lindbergh one of America's greatest heroes. His final rank in the U.S. Air Force was Brigadier General. He flew a reported 50 missions in the Pacific, as a civilian, during WW2. On July 28th, 1944 he is credited with shooting down a Japanese aircraft while flying a P38.

While some, especially FDR despised Lindbergh, it's hard to not to note Lindbergh's warnings regarding Germany's prewar buildup of it's air force and it's superiority at the time over the United States. Lindbergh's warnings were spun by FDR to make him appear favoring a future enemy which is the same tactic used by Liberals today against anyone who questions our involvement in Ukraine. Biden's new "Ministry Of Truth" is the most heinous example.

FDR ended up as a President with a greatly deteriorated mental capacity and in the end abandoned Eastern Europe to Joseph Stalin. We are dealing with the consequences to this day and now have another President challenged by mental deterioration.

We need to find out who is actually forming U.S. policy regarding Ukraine/Russia.

"China is scared shitless"? Yeah sure, maybe.

China shares a 2,500 mile border with Russia. China sure could use a whole lot of Russian resources. China is already reportedly getting a discount on oil, coal, and minerals. Just maybe, Joe Biden is doing China a huge favor by making Russia dependent on China. Maybe, just maybe, China would benefit by a regime change in Russia where China could have more influence.

So I guess Ukriane is the site of the cage match between world powers. Tragic for the citizens of Ukriane.

A WORLD where there are just two TOP DOGS--- China and the U.S......Actually it's already that way. Best guess is Putin realizes that Russia once again becomes a land of mineral and agricultural wealth that other countries desire and soon this Russo-Ukraine war will be over.

Some have different view of China. But it looks like they are staying as far as they can form getting into the conflict in Ukraine. Yeah it sucks to be Ukraine today, but the West will richly reward them if they beat down Russia.

Some have different view of China. But it looks like they are staying as far as they can form getting into the conflict in Ukraine. Yeah it sucks to be Ukraine today, but the West will richly reward them if they beat down Russia.

"West will reward.....if they beat down Russia"? Really--how so? If Russia is "beat down" will that bring about the demise if China?

It doesn't much matter how good our offensive nukes are. We have better ways to do what we used to need them to do.

What matters is how good our defences against the OTHER guy's nukes are.

"Perfect"? Never, but good enough that the probable percentage of penetration is driven so VERY low that "other guy" dare not even start.

https://www.mda.mil/

.. and "not only"... our partners and even merely 'fellow-travelers' .. have some damned good solutions as well.

And HAVE had.. upgraded for over sixty years, already, since air defense missiles with nuke warshots first went active..

"Upgraded"? Kinda.

You didn't REALLY think "Space Command" was spending all those billions on Tom Corbett toy Space Cadet statues and $600 toilet seats, did you?

:)

Tolja I don' lose no sleep over it, even living half a century plus in the Metro DC area.

Bill

Space Command is a good idea it should be set up that way. Usually the Air Force has been very involved with things relating to this. I bet they will still be involved in some ways.

Hope they do not go wild with spending. We have to invest in such things.

I do not know enough about what other things that most EU/NATO countries have. I am sure there are useful things.

America First party ! You are a card-carrying member.

Yep, and carry a USID. Where does your allegiance lay? Do you kneel during the National Anthem?

Boomer arm chair generals, trying to get the US into a war that doesn't involve us and does not benefit America in any way. Never put their ass on the line. Fighting a war with their keyboard and a TV tuned to CNN. Sad.

"West will reward.....if they beat down Russia"? Really--how so? If Russia is "beat down" will that bring about the demise if China?

The west will pour huge investments into Ukraine once the war is over. They have large reserves of natural gas and coal in the east, Dombas to be exact :). If they win Ukraine will be OK. If China stays out of the conflict, they may be able to scoop up some of the Russian resources in the east, but it will take decades, by then China's population is going to be in deep decline. It is a very complicated imbalance of global power between the EU, the US, and China. China cannot risk helping Russia, Russia cannot help China. China needs to wait out how the war turns out and recalculate. China is much more integrated into the US and the EU economic structure than into the Russian one. Remember what McCain said about Russia, It is a gas station with an army that is attached to a county.

Yabut.. he's running at an average of $900 million US every DAY.. over 70 BILLION USD so far.. out of RUSSIA's pocket? Not-even China is helping with weapons OR money.

Ukraine is funded by the whole free world by contrast..?

Annnnnd "intel" sez Putin "budgeted" for fifty thousand DEAD Russians.

Ukraine has only delivered just over HALF that figure, will need another 45 days to hit fifty thou once the June counter offensive hits high-gear.

See the top banner:

The red figure to the right of each category is already included. It is the ADDITION, previous 24 hours.

.. plus 'already..' - probably.. ('coz that's how the statistics run...) for each combatant confirmed killed, 3 more are out of the fight:

- 25 thou Rus wounded too badly to EVER see combat again -> 50 thou target.

- 25 thou who MAY do.. long recovery wounds -> 50 thou target

- 25 thou with but minor wounds who assuredly WILL do -> 50 thou target.. if they do not mutiny or scarper.

Leave it run its course. 200 thousand fewer Orcs is not a bad thing.

Eight years into a war, Ukraine is "owed" revenge, and they will HAVE it.

Putin's ammo and armaments are meant to be used-up ... troops as well.. [1] ..so Russia is no longer a threat to ANYBODY.

Hopefully.. not even themselves.. but why would anyone care, 'karma' being a bitch and all...?

[1] Putin's Orc's lost 400 dead 7 May. Many "still in the wrapper" ... inside of AFV's rendered into flaming scrap. The average .. so far .. HAD been only about 350 per day.

And Ukraine is only getting started. Ukraine's government estimates they already have 5.2 million souls who qualify as 'veterans'. And climbing, what with 44+ million folks to draw from.

Not directly, I assume that the Chinese are buying more energy (gas/crude) from Russia, probably at deep discounts, now the Russkies are getting desperate. So Vlad still getting his skim, and the Chinese are getting cheap energy.

In addition, why send weapons, especially weapons systems to the conflict to see them fail? I would think China is watching and learning. Improving battlefield comms so they don't have to rely on cell phones to communicate. Improve tank defenses against drones etc etc

--------------------

One not surprising problem the Russkies have had is the poor maintenece of their equipment. Old tires on trucks that disentigrate because their way past their usefull life, lack of spares for transport and fighting vehicles. etc. All due to corruption.
Corruption not being unknown in China, their probably reviewing just how their combat readiness is. When they invade Taiwan, they'll have learnt from Russias experience in the Ukraine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back