What's new
What's new

Underlayment under a vise. Waxed paper, anything else, or bad idea/

rons

Diamond
Somebody said that he used butcher paper under his vise to prevent the creeping vise print stains on the table (underneath the vise).
I used brown shopping bag which is .006 thick. I assumed it would compress equally and all would be ok. But waxed paper is thinner
and not going to soak oil. Or is it better to live with vise prints?

Signed,
Trying to keep metal bright and shinny half my life.

Copper foil, stainless foil, I go bareback but it’s a personal preference, grease layer I’d heard a wipe over with copper sulphate to deposit a copper layer, somthing used for marking out in times gone bye, ( my youth)
I think it sounds sensible but never tried it
Mark

I use BoeShield T-9, pretty much the same as LPS3.

You closed the Abrams tank post while I was correcting the spelling on some of the big words. I don't people to think I'm an illiterate. :drink:

The paper issue is looking like something. Squared up (I thought) four square blocks 1.850 on each edge. Line em up. Fails finger nail test.
Looks like the vise has listed one way .0005. Bareback vise riding event is next. Free tickets.

Nope, not I; I am not a moderator in General section any more.
So sorry.

Where do you guy's get the material? Mail order from Amazon?

I was trying to find a small 1A fuse (intermediate physical size). Amazon was the only location. The customer support guy was shocked when
he looked up my account and I had not made a purchase in 12 years. So my account is made active and I order 9 fuses. In three weeks they come.
What I heard on the news appears to be right about the A about making big profits.

Under my surface grinder mag chuck I used some .0005" plastic shim from McMaster. It's been under there for a year or two now, I should pull it off and have a look-see.

Last edited:

Back