What's new
What's new

Bridgeport EZ Trak DX 480 Volt to 240 ????

A couple things to check:
1) Make sure the voltage going to the monitor and rest of the computer are correct. If you had to change the taps on the transformer for the motor, you may also need to change the taps for the computer. I got lucky on mine, it was labeled as something like 480 on the cabinet, but was in fact set up for 230 when it came into my possession.
2) Make sure the monitor is good on another source. You should (at least I did on mine) see the BIOS flash by.
3) Consider plugging the entire computer in to a separate power source. The first monitor I swapped in to mine made some very interesting buzzing noises. Once I plugged it in elsewhere that went away. I have not gotten around to hooking a scope up to the original supply to see where it is coming from.
Hi Jccaclimber,
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but do you have a drawing for the transformer pictured in this thread? I have the same one in my machine but I want to check its configuration before I apply power. I've searched everywhere but cannot find a tap pinout for this. Its a 1999 Ez Trak DX.
Thanks so much!

Attachments

• 20220518_135959.jpg
    20220518_135959.jpg
    420.8 KB · Views: 3
Hi Jccaclimber,
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but do you have a drawing for the transformer pictured in this thread? I have the same one in my machine but I want to check its configuration before I apply power. I've searched everywhere but cannot find a tap pinout for this. Its a 1999 Ez Trak DX.
Thanks so much!
Spud,
I just checked, and unfortunately there is nothing inside my cabinet for that transformer. I don’t know if SWI would have it, but H&W would be my next place to call after that. I remember trying to get something from SWI a few years ago for this machine. It came down to “That’s really old, but we have a guy who might be able to help, we’ll pass your info along.” I never did hear from that guy after a couple tries, and have simply used the machine as a manual mill.

Spud,
I just checked, and unfortunately there is nothing inside my cabinet for that transformer. I don’t know if SWI would have it, but H&W would be my next place to call after that. I remember trying to get something from SWI a few years ago for this machine. It came down to “That’s really old, but we have a guy who might be able to help, we’ll pass your info along.” I never did hear from that guy after a couple tries, and have simply used the machine as a manual mill.
Thank you for your reply Jccalimber! I've made a little progress since then, I finally did get a copy of the dwg I needed, and its well I did - mine had the 380v option installed, and I had to remove that and wire directly to the transformer from the isolator. I now have it booting up, although not homing yet - I've a feeling it could be a safety interlock issue - my machine had guarding with a microswitch around the stage when I got it, but it was all removed as it was needed by the previous owner, it was wired into the socket below (just above the reset switch) so I'm wondering if I need to jumperout some pins in that, out of curiousity - is there any kind of jumper wires plugged into your one at that socket?
Thank you again!

1653429174537.png

McSpud,
Now that you have the drawing, can print to PDF and post it here for others to use in the future?
I don't have the screw on cover you have in the top of your image. What does the connector look like, and where does it go inside the cabinet? I do have the red reset button, but it just goes to the reset on the computer motherboard.
My machine has an automatic Bijur oiler. It looks like the usual hand plunger model, but also has a motor to slowly lift and lower the plunger. Also in that same motor assembly is a level sensor. If the machine is out of oil it will (I assume) error out. Of course mine had that sensor jumpered when I got it. I guess filling the oil was too difficult for the maintenance department.
Is yours the floppy disk version or the hard drive version? If it's the floppy version I'd love a copy of the files on that floppy.

McSpud,
Now that you have the drawing, can print to PDF and post it here for others to use in the future?
I don't have the screw on cover you have in the top of your image. What does the connector look like, and where does it go inside the cabinet? I do have the red reset button, but it just goes to the reset on the computer motherboard.
My machine has an automatic Bijur oiler. It looks like the usual hand plunger model, but also has a motor to slowly lift and lower the plunger. Also in that same motor assembly is a level sensor. If the machine is out of oil it will (I assume) error out. Of course mine had that sensor jumpered when I got it. I guess filling the oil was too difficult for the maintenance department.
Is yours the floppy disk version or the hard drive version? If it's the floppy version I'd love a copy of the files on that floppy.
Hi Jccaclimber,
Well the this is getting more puzzling by the day. So it turns out that I have a UK spec machine, and the drawings for this version do detail where the Estop wiring for that connector goes, so I obviously jumpered those connections out, but I stil have an Emergency alarm on the screen. EMI told me to install EZ TRAK CE whish is the metric / UK version of Ex Trak, but again, no change. I've checked the oiler too.... I think I'll restart the debug process with a fresh view and hopefully I will get lucky, because I am running out of ideas here fast! haha. I'm attaching the UK drawings below

Attachments

• EZ-Trak_UK.jpg
    EZ-Trak_UK.jpg
    986.5 KB · Views: 10

Back