What's new
What's new

I'm tired. Tired and I don't think I have any left in me, to give my company

Also "agricultural" checkpoints. There's one near Needles California and some border ones like the one we went through today between Columbus and Deming, NM. But I've got blue eyes so I just get waved through most of the time.

They wave almost everybody through now, if they are even open.. Sometimes there is nobody in the shack,
and people would just sit there.. Its a STOP sign, you STOPPED.. Now GO!!!!!! They finally painted
the back of the stop sign green, and painted GO on it in big white letters.

The facial recognition cameras they have now, they already know who you are when you pull up. For a while
they had a little devise on their belt with red yellow and green LEDs on it, now they just look in the
shack at the computer screen.

The checkpoints also aren't staffed like they used to be.. Used to be there was 20-40 BP agents
at one checkpoint, and they would all just be wandering around shooting the shit, and one guy working
the shack. There also used to be a ton of Border Patrol well away from the border, you would see them
constantly, one day there were 14 BP vehicles at the BBQ place down the street here at once.

They would try sitting in my driveway here and I'd tell them to get off my property.. State cops can
sit there all they want.. Sheriffs, no problem, Hatch cops are cool.. Even the DOT guys before they
became state cops.. No problem.. Even had Metro Narcotics do a stake out watching a house across the
street..

I have no love for Border Patrol.. At least when they aren't on the Border.

Burnout. A vicious thing for we self employed. i have been there. First thing I recommend is to just sit back, meditate or pray, and just extract yourself from everything. Are you able to take a couple weeks off and leave the business to a trusted employee or just shut it down entirely? Call your customers and tell them you need a break. They will understand. Go learn to sail or take a cooking course in Greece (yep, I did those) and do something completely out of your experience. Are you a church going man? Maybe you can find a mentor or two who have been exactly where you are that can give you support and friendship. We can't control what our c#nt politicians do to us but we can control our reactions. I wish you the very best.

A few years ago we were in Tuscon visiting friends. Went for a motorcycle ride and had to go through a check point well inside Arizona. Being from Wisconsin, it felt just wrong to have to show my id. Made up my mind, I am not going to be a snowbird.

Dave

Burnout. A vicious thing for we self employed. i have been there. First thing I recommend is to just sit back, meditate or pray, and just extract yourself from everything. Are you able to take a couple weeks off and leave the business to a trusted employee or just shut it down entirely? Call your customers and tell them you need a break. They will understand. Go learn to sail or take a cooking course in Greece (yep, I did those) and do something completely out of your experience. Are you a church going man? Maybe you can find a mentor or two who have been exactly where you are that can give you support and friendship. We can't control what our c#nt politicians do to us but we can control our reactions. I wish you the very best.
I did exactly that. Two weeks recharge did wonders for my attitude and mental stability.

Of course, after 2 months back, I am already 'a race car in the Mother F^*@%@! 'en RED' [Pulp Fiction, Tarantino, 1994]

I spend 1-2 hours a night pushing myself on my bicycle just to get rid of negativity. Most times that works.... LOL

Doug.

A few years ago we were in Tuscon visiting friends. Went for a motorcycle ride and had to go through a check point well inside Arizona. Being from Wisconsin, it felt just wrong to have to show my id. Made up my mind, I am not going to be a snowbird.

Dave
Sounds like you went to Tombstone.
They held me and the wife at the check station for an hour and searched my vehicle twice....Funny I had 12 quarts of barbecue
sauce from a friend who lives there ...they didnt open any???

And when they handed my CCW back gun in one hand bullets in the other and
Told me not to reload it till I was outta there...Good times

Last edited:
Hi mate, how are you feeling? It'd be nice to have an update. (business owner here too).

Hey, don't git off the couch!
Here, I'll fetch the reply from a week ago and 3 doors up for you:
:bowdown:

I did exactly that. Two weeks recharge did wonders for my attitude and mental stability.

Of course, after 2 months back, I am already 'a race car in the Mother F^*@%@! 'en RED' [Pulp Fiction, Tarantino, 1994]

I spend 1-2 hours a night pushing myself on my bicycle just to get rid of negativity. Most times that works.... LOL

Doug.

--------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back