What's new
What's new

Do the K&T model k dividing heads all use the same indexing plates?

Blazemaster

Hot Rolled
I have been on the lookout for a nice dividing head and found a nice k&t 12" model k in nice shape with extra plates and a tailstock, and has had the spindle bored out to 2.250". The seller also had a 10" model k but it was naked; no plates, indexing arm/pin, indexing fingers, plate clamp. I was wondering if the plates and the rest of the plate related fixins will swap over to the 10". I didn't have much time to look at them but I did notice the mounting holes on the plates look the same. None of the manuals I have seen say anything about swapping.

I have been on the lookout for a nice dividing head and found a nice k&t 12" model k in nice shape with extra plates and a tailstock, and has had the spindle bored out to 2.250". The seller also had a 10" model k but it was naked; no plates, indexing arm/pin, indexing fingers, plate clamp. I was wondering if the plates and the rest of the plate related fixins will swap over to the 10". I didn't have much time to look at them but I did notice the mounting holes on the plates look the same. None of the manuals I have seen say anything about swapping.
you just machine the plates to match- i even just used a hacksaw to slice in the index stops

Not addressed (bul. 650) in '39 full line catalog, so I'll assume they are all the same 10, 12 and 14". I have purchased plates indiscriminately over the years and they are all about 8"
Here is a photo of #3 of 4 High Number plates

Attachments

• 20220621_131231.jpg
    20220621_131231.jpg
    368.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
YVW... I, and others have uploaded lots of info at vintagemachinery.org...In my case, I want my info to live on after I take my dirt nap... I have lots of manuals and they will go to the trash eventually... Cheers; Ramsay 1:)
Thanks for the replies, I figured they may be the same but wanted to hear it from some folks that know first hand.
na

YVW... I, and others have uploaded lots of info at vintagemachinery.org...In my case, I want my info to live on after I take my dirt nap... I have lots of manuals and they will go to the trash eventually... Cheers; Ramsay 1:)

na
Been down in your neck of the woods many times, we have purchased equipment from Dixie mill there. The restaurant called Eileens has a chocolate tort to die for.........

Been down in your neck of the woods many times, we have purchased equipment from Dixie mill there. The restaurant called Eileens has a chocolate tort to die for.........
I have a Steptoe shaper that still has the Dixie tag on it... Wife is from Magazine and we use to go into the quarter for a good meal at maspero on the corner of Toulouse and Decatur... Was good back then for sure.. Cheers; Ramsay 1

Back