What's new
What's new

Fusion 360 price increase question.

Jaxian

Stainless
I just got this email today. A few years ago when the price was about to go up I "locked in" the $310 a year price. They said this was forever and that is what I have been paying. Now I get this email and it sounds like they are about to kick me up $235 a year. Is this the case? I can't find any details on existing "locked in" price subscribers.

FUSION 360 EMAIL:
Hi Paul,

Thanks for choosing Fusion 360. Our community of users are at the center of all we do, and we’re always working hard to bring you the most innovative technology to enjoy.

With every product update, we're pushing the industry forward and delivering brand new workflows. We're also committed to improving what's there and the tools you use the most. Check out some of the top features delivered over the past 12-18 months and what we're focusing on for the next major update.

Effective August 7, 2022, we’re increasing the base price of Fusion 360 to $545 USD* per year. We believe that this new price reflects the unprecedented value of Fusion 360 and supports our continued enhancements to bring you the best product design and manufacturing software experience.

If you’re a current subscriber, this new price will be reflected in your next renewal. As a reminder, when you renew, you'll typically save up to 10% over the cost of buying a new subscription.
As always, thanks for choosing Fusion 360.

-The Autodesk Fusion 360 Team

Contact someone who knows the answer, which may be fairly hard to do. Until then don't stress out about it, they have soooooo many price structures that it is hard for them to keep track.

Did you get the email that states early adopter and legacy products are not affected by this price increase?

Last edited:
Just got this from AD:
You previously received an email regarding an upcoming change to Fusion 360 pricing. To clarify, Fusion 360 - Early Adopter, and Fusion 360 - Legacy products are NOT impacted by this pricing change notice. You'll continue to remain at that price so long as you continue to renew with no lapse in coverage.

You can verify if you are an Early Adopter or Legacy subscriber by visiting Manage.autodesk.com and going to the Subscriptions Tab.

Thanks for choosing Fusion 360. We appreciate you!

Yeah, thanks for the replies guys. About 5 hours after the first email and shortly after posting here I got the second email explaining things better.

I wonder how many angry calls and emails they got in the interim to make them actually respond that fast. You would like to think that someone on their assuredly huge marketing and PR team would have thought to put the sentence in about all the Legacy customers in the first place rather than make a bunch of people annoyed. Ah, well.

I have the Legacy F360 product and got the same pair of emails, but when I went to the Subscriptions tab there was no info about the Legacy product. With all of the license and feature changes they've gone through in the past few years you'd hope that they would have aweb page that clearly delineated what features you got with what license or extension but I've never been able to find a simple explanation.

I'm a legacy user also. Something to keep an eye out for is sales made me a deal last year on Machining Extensions because they stripped some stuff out of F360 for extensions and I gave them a hard time over it. Anyways, my renewal just came up and now the Extensions are a much higher price. Their excuse is I signed up for a trial and the pricing was only good for a year-looked through all my communications and invoice, nothing said price was for one year.

Remember when we signed up for the 310 deal? I remember the package was called "Ultimate" or something like that. Wouldn't that imply we all signed up for their top of the line package? Now we get the stripped out bottom of the line package.

A man started to climb a high, steep mountain when a snake asked the man to carry him along. “But you’re a snake,” the man said. The snake smiled. “Don’t worry. I won’t bite you.” After days of arduous climbing, the man reached the mountain summit, whereupon the poisonous snake bit him. As he lay dying, the man cried out, “You said you wouldn’t bite me!” His reptilian hitchhiker looked at him and said, “Ha! You knew I was a snake when you picked me up.”

Remember when we signed up for the 310 deal? I remember the package was called "Ultimate" or something like that. Wouldn't that imply we all signed up for their top of the line package? Now we get the stripped out bottom of the line package.
I see your point, but to me the current "stripped out" version is on balance better than what it was in 2015. That's in usability and toolpaths, which is very subjective and might partially be me getting better at using the software.

Also, if Autodesk adjusted for inflation the grandfather rate would be just under $400, so we're effectively getting a 22% discount.

Maybe at some point Autodesk will indeed rake me over the coals as many predict, but so far no complaints.

Back