What's new
What's new

DMG DMU50evo spindle oil-air lubrication settings

DrimJohn

Aluminum
Hello, i need advice. What is the right pressure of air in the air-oil lubrication for the spindle and the extra air for the sealing of the spindle.
Also in the base of the spindle where the oil-air tubes end up there is a hole that spits oil an air when i start the spindle, is it possible the company to forget it open or someone has remove a tube from there?
IMG_0837.JPGIMG_0824.JPGIMG_0841.JPG

Most Air Oil Spindle units that I see typically have 4 lines going into the spindle, so I am concerned that one of these is not present on your machine. Can you take a picture of the actually injection block for me? Trace those lines going back into a block that has the air and oil from the pump itself going into the block. That will help me see how many injectors their are.

Most Air Oil Spindle units that I see typically have 4 lines going into the spindle, so I am concerned that one of these is not present on your machine. Can you take a picture of the actually injection block for me? Trace those lines going back into a block that has the air and oil from the pump itself going into the block. That will help me see how many injectors their are.
Hello, thank you for the help, there is 3 tubes from the block and one with just air. I can see 3 tubes end up in the bottom of the spindle base and one in the upper section of the spindle.
eeee.JPG

Most likely the air/oil coming out of the bottom is either serves a drain function or a positive air displacment funtion to prevent chips from entering the spindle if I had to guess. Each line is stamped as a 3, so your getting .03 cc of oil per shot when that block is activated. As for proper air pressure, it should be set up so that if you held a flashlight up to the clear lines you can see tiny droplets marching along the wall of the tube towards the spindle. Ideally, you want that lubricant shot to be divided up with the right amount of air to spread out the timing in between shots, so by the time the first shot of lubricant is running out, the next shot comes right in time to continue lubricating/cooling the spindle. Hope this helps.

Most likely the air/oil coming out of the bottom is either serves a drain function or a positive air displacment funtion to prevent chips from entering the spindle if I had to guess. Each line is stamped as a 3, so your getting .03 cc of oil per shot when that block is activated. As for proper air pressure, it should be set up so that if you held a flashlight up to the clear lines you can see tiny droplets marching along the wall of the tube towards the spindle. Ideally, you want that lubricant shot to be divided up with the right amount of air to spread out the timing in between shots, so by the time the first shot of lubricant is running out, the next shot comes right in time to continue lubricating/cooling the spindle. Hope this helps.
Hi, thank you for the response.
Regards John

Back