What's new
What's new

Would lengthy blackouts create new manufacturing opportunities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
YOUR the one who appropriated Mr. Hanermo's Solar project to bolster your views solar since you have only some rinky-dink campsite system for bragging rights.
I sure Mr. Hanermo is a most capable individual who has skill set far exceeding mine, and yours, but the fact is anything on the internet is best viewed with skepticism.
Fact is Mr. Hanermo's post while interesting was of such length that most would have glossed over it and the thread would have moved on. There already has
I understand that people like you would gloss over a post and then question the content even if you didn't read the entire post. There was also a post by the guy from California that moved to Idaho about his solar running his entire machine shop and his home. But you probably glossed over that one too.

Yeah, it's all a dramatic shit show. Turn the TV off and you'll be better for it.

You get those lithium batteries you were talking about awhile back?
No need to get them until I'm ready to use them and I won't be going to Arizona for a few months yet but I will have them before I leave.

I was just watching TV news and the right wing extremists that plotted to kidnap our governor have been convicted and face up to life in prison for their stupidity. So it looks like there is some worthwhile things to learn from watching TV. Maybe if the nut cases that tried to overthrow our duly elected government on January 6th of last year watched TV they would all be free instead of spending time locked up where they belong for listening to the cult leader.

Hanermo admitted to having his system for 3 weeks! hopefully for him it all rings true, for now his post is nothing but PROJECTIONS. I saw him doing math using 24-7 up time
when I said 10,000 watts isn't much, I honestly stopped reading seeing his flawed math.
He also linked the electrical use of an average home, ignoring how some areas are trying to phase out natural gas and heating oil. All the people acting like solar is all the rage leave out all kinds of information. If I hear another person preaching the wonders of heat pumps I am going to scream. Their efficiency is based on ambient temperature and usage, of course they use the perfect scenario to get their numbers.
Again....It was a long post and dealt with solar power in a residential application. It also is in a country that has a very different economic and political goals.
I'm sure Hanermo knows what he speaks of but being quite honest they is not way to verify any of the info. Am sure the post will be of interest to many.

No need to get them until I'm ready to use them and I won't be going to Arizona for a few months yet but I will have them before I leave.

I was just watching TV news and the right wing extremists that plotted to kidnap our governor have been convicted and face up to life in prison for their stupidity. So it looks like there is some worthwhile things to learn from watching TV. Maybe if the nut cases that tried to overthrow our duly elected government on January 6th of last year watched TV they would all be free instead of spending time locked up where they belong for listening to the cult leader.
Solar power? Was there any mention of power blackouts? Probably not.

From what I understand part of the decision regarding existing power lines is about the right-of-way costs.
Please expound on this. I was always under the impression that power companies buy right of way access and once they pay for it they are done paying for it. Where are the costs of the right of way if the power company already owns the right of way.

You must be using the special CONservative dictionary. This is what I found when I googled it: Treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor. Flippant."
Flippant: The state of being as a tall metal part is inadequately supported and secured on a surface grinder's magnetic chuck.
Example use: That set-up because of lacking structural integrity seems flippant.

See flipor, the one who initiates the flip
and flipee.: the one who receives the flip.

Giving someone the flip is not associated with tools and/or manufacturing.

when I said 10,000 watts isn't much, I honestly stopped reading seeing his flawed math.
I almost laughed when I saw an argument from him that the AVERAGE consumption of a house is enough 1.5 kilowatts. who was talking about lies, big lies and statistics?)))

Is that all?
I thought you said you had a ranch not a garden?
"A ranch"....Off topic but no matter how many acres you own in some areas of the Western United States it's what is under the surface that complicates things....

(current vid---camera work and sound not the best--but some interesting info from a guy who leases land and is running a bunch of low production wells....)

Is that all?
Our ranch is owned by many people and we own a slice of it. I've never said that we own the entire ranch. You must have a very short memory as we've been over this same topic several times in other threads.

You do seem to love trolling me.

I could care less what the television told you. There is a reason I do not consume that garbage.

Could you please stop 💩 all over my thread? Maybe start another one or pick one of the old ones at random? I would really appreciate it.

I didn't know, you only said "on our ranch".

Those sprinter van camper conversions can be easily over $100k. Who knows what stuff can cost vs it's intrinsic value these days.

$425k still sounds steep for 100 acres in the desert but I can believe it these days. How many acres in your plot?
None of your business but I will say that it is over 10 acres and under 100 acres.
Is that all?
Your reading comprehension is also severely lacking. I posted that there was a tiny house on over 100 acres for sale, not that our property was over 100 acres. How many hundreds of acres do you personally own?

Hanermo admitted to having his system for 3 weeks! hopefully for him it all rings true, for now his post is nothing but PROJECTIONS. I saw him doing math using 24-7 up time
He also linked the electrical use of an average home, ignoring how some areas are trying to phase out natural gas and heating oil. All the people acting like solar is all the rage leave out all kinds of information. If I hear another person preaching the wonders of heat pumps I am going to scream. Their efficiency is based on ambient temperature and usage, of course they use the perfect scenario to get their numbers.
Good thing you stopped reading Hanermo's post or you may have learned something. I don't recall exact details but if he has 10K watts of solar panels they can be expected to generate around 10K watts of power per hour. But good old citizenf16 never was big on details or facts.

Why not let Mr. Hanermo speak for him/her self?
As far as Trump goes there is no doubt he will be posting in this thread regarding his solar system on top of Mar-A-Lago and since you are the PM expert on all things solar and leisure land development it should provide some thought provoking banter.
And....Honestly...Find me an honest politician and then maybe I'll give two shits.
Mr. Hanermo did speak for himself and you implied that he was lying when you asked me if I had personally checked to see if it was all true, schematics and all. Do you even know what a schematic is or are you just trying to impress us with a big word?

And your pathological lying cult god has no need to post anything here. He already has a bunch of his cult members posting on his behalf.

Of what?
You keep writing this shit but be scared of what?
WTF are you reading in these posts that make you comment this?
I clearly quoted the post with my response. If you can't figure it out that's your problem, not mine.

Maybe you should take a remedial reading class.

I probably shouldn't bother you with knowledge about mini split heat pumps but here goes anyway. Maybe someone else will learn something by reading it so start screaming or stop reading.

A friend of mine is a heating and cooling contractor that heats a big old farm house with oil. Probably about 5 or 10 years ago he installed an air to air heat pump aka mini split system. He left his oil furnace in place for extreme cold weather and has it hooked up so that the heat pump runs until the outdoor temps get below freezing and then the oil kicks in. He told me that his savings in the first winter was about $1,500 including the cost of oil and extra electric to run the heat pump. The newer heat pumps are much more efficient and are cheaper to heat with than oil well below freezing.

My brother installed a mini split with 5 zones as his only source of heat being that he only had the choices of oil, electric or LP gas. They shut the house down for a couple of months and came out to Arizona to escape the cold and even though we had temps of below zero his house didn't suffer any broken pipes or any other damage.

So keep screaming from Moline Illinois where you are posting from.

Solar power? Was there any mention of power blackouts? Probably not.
If you mean power blackouts in the news story about he right wing extremists that conspired to kidnap our governor, there was no mention of blackouts and why would there be.

Maybe you are responding to another post while quoting me.

I almost laughed when I saw an argument from him that the AVERAGE consumption of a house is enough 1.5 kilowatts. who was talking about lies, big lies and statistics?)))
If a house uses 1.5 Kw average throughout the month it would be almost 1000 Kwh per month and that is about double of what our house uses.

And what do you mean by "AVERAGE consumption of a house is ENOUGH 1.5 kilowatts"? I don't understand the "enough" part.

Good thing you stopped reading Hanermo's post or you may have learned something. I don't recall exact details but if he has 10K watts of solar panels they can be expected to generate around 10K watts of power per hour. But good old citizenf16 never was big on details or facts.
What did I miss? I love your condescension that has no basis, but the powers at be seem to be letting you run wild again. I said 10,000 watts of power is nothing once all electric goes in force. He used math claiming 10,000 watts 24 hours a day, which isn't happening so that is where I stopped reading, there is nothing to learn from pie in the sky projections, that is what he was posting. How many hours a day does solar produce energy, and at what efficiency rating, at the average location? How many square feet of panels are needed for a 10,000 watt peak system? Kustomizer's posts about solar are believable, your small scale experiments do not apply as you don't think outside of your own small world.
We will see if Hanermo checks back and reports his real long term experience and not things pulled from a sales brochure.

I smell communism, comrade
No communism there. It's kind of like saying that we own land in Michigan or in the USA.

Each owner owns their land but we all own land in the what was a huge ranch years ago. We have a HOA type of organization that everyone that owns land on the ranch is required to pay dues to and the money goes for things like road maintenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back