What's new
What's new

Toxic

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is based on this. It works and as a disabled Veteran I can have a life in another country. If all goes well I'll be able to create manufacturing jobs in Australia.
Check the valuation of currency exchange. And with creating jobs, it's not this. :)

my website. As for my working in a machine shop, ask GEC Engineering in Chandler, Arizona and 1999.
An easy verification. I can't pursue a life in the US unless it is approved. Everyone has problems, aka, a family, right?

Is he not allowed into Austrialia? Seems like they have a better border patrol then the USA. Being an island helps. Maybe the op can use his machine and build a paddlewheel boat to sail to Australia.
Bill A

You've gone this round before to know the rules:
Post a more descriptitve title and fill in your location.

smt

Title needs improvement, no question. But his location is filled in on his profile - says Kentucky. There is a bit of a bug in the account settings with that. Two separate locations in the settings to fill that in, and one displays by a member's username. The other doesn't and is only visible in the "About" section of the profile. I've reported it to the higher-ups, dunno if it will get fixed any time soon.

His profile mentions that he is disabled (as he also did in post #2). That may not be a physical thing.
Or at least not the only thing. What his attitude reminds me of is the guy a while back who went on for pages about the member who offered him a free rip fence but refused to (fraudulently) ship it Book Rate to save the guy money. He also kept going on about "disabled" "veteran" etc. as if that somehow made all critical comments "picking on a disabled veteran" instead of valid criticism.

Yep. Most people that have anything like an education, have long since found out that every "free energy" or "Perpetual Motion"system is a scam, or an effort to take advantage of their gullibility and lack of knowledge.
No matter HOW much sense you can convince yourself that it makes.

There just ain't no such thing, as a Free Lunch! TANSTAAFL!

As a Veteran, forced out of the Military on account of my own disabilities, I find the use of "but I'm a disabled Veteran" as a defense against criticism or outright ridicule to be outright insulting to me, and all the other similarly affected Vets. And especially so, to all the poor buggers that ended up way worse off than I did. Just my opinion though, I don't let it run my life.

I would suggest that if the OP wants to post and not have it all turn "Toxic" on him, he ought to sit down and do the maths involved, (Show your work and quote your references!) and figure out the friction, and air resistance that must be overcome by his contraption in order for it to even only slowly lose the energy that starts it to moving (more math).

I could think of a lot worse hobbies, than building models of perpetual motion devices such as these. Craftsmanship and Workmanship are always good to see.

I can think of a lot better uses of one's time, than believing that they work!

Well said Trev.
OTOH, does it hurt anyone else, if a person wants to post whatever work he is doing, and see how if works out? So long as he does not create a toxic environment? This area is, as you said, about craft. And possibly exploration. I'm not sure what other people gain by beating on someone who may or may not ever be able to come to the established mathematical conclusion. If working on a project like this helps someone get out of bed in the morning, keep their head up a little bit, or keep other demons at bay, there's no need to add to them.

I'm not going to let it go on if it does turn toxic. As has been noted, this is not a therapy facility. But a little good humored support or ignor-ance (& i don't mean snide remarks) should not hurt anyone else.

smt

Well said Trev.
OTOH, does it hurt anyone else, if a person wants to post whatever work he is doing, and see how if works out? So long as he does not create a toxic environment? This area is, as you said, about craft. And possibly exploration. I'm not sure what other people gain by beating on someone who may or may not ever be able to come to the established mathematical conclusion. If working on a project like this helps someone get out of bed in the morning, keep their head up a little bit, or keep other demons at bay, there's no need to add to them.

I'm not going to let it go on if it does turn toxic. As has been noted, this is not a therapy facility. But a little good humored support or ignor-ance (& i don't mean snide remarks) should not hurt anyone else.

smt
He would probably not get the responses he does if he would not include his "woe is me" bs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back