What's new
What's new

Adjusting a 3 jaw in a rotary positioner?

You said you could NOT get it trued up in the rotary table....Now you say you can....:nutter:
Practical does entail fixing things right, not continued cobbling for 30+ years.
Get rid of that habit.
I came here to ask for help not listen to BS from a boomer. I just got it to .003" with no help from you. I don't even have 30 years experience.

The problem with old people is that they have their ways and don't have a open mind to anything new, and they miss out on the world. Your replies are a perfect example, all you do is talk down, you gave zero, none no help in this tread, others did

Last edited:
As to the comment about the CoO being the reason for such a large error, total BS. Chinese chucks and RTs may not be as good as some name brands. but they easily can be used where 0.005" is the goal.
Yep. Its a new grizz positioner- made in taiwan, it locks up tight, has a smooth action. Threads are so so, some sharp corners. When I took the jaws apart I noticed that one jaw had a lot more removed from it, while another barely had any. 2 still had the grooves in the jaws, one was completely gone. BUT I didn't remove that much material from it. I got the mic and started measuring and either one jaw was marked wrong or they were all made poorly. They all fit now and work

Last edited:
I have a cheap 6" China made 3 jaw on my good quality USA made 10" dividing head. Run out is .002" which surprised me. I was expecting much worse. It was only used for cutting the hex on some custom bolts I was making so did not care about run out. So not all China made stuff is junk.

I came here to ask for help not listen to BS from a boomer. I just got it to .003" with no help from you. I don't even have 30 years experience.

The problem with old people is that they have their ways and don't have a open mind to anything new, and they miss out on the world. Your replies are a perfect example, all you do is talk down, you gave zero, none no help in this tread, others did
You've just alienated most of the people here that were trying to help you.
Congrats.

By the way, you're working with junk,have no experience and expecting good results then you dismiss people's advice.
Grizzly isn't even supposed to be discussed on this forum, go to a hobby site and complain.

Back