What's new
What's new

I keep hearing that this winter will be bad for manufacturing in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"3. Munich, Germany:
Professor. New regs on public buildings say they can't be heated above 19 deg C (~66F) after November."

Wait. What?

We run our house at 60F during the winter. I think germany needs more menopausal women....

You made a statement that appears to be categorically untrue.
I am asking you to defend it
You refuse
Define the statement. Be fair Gus. I actually agreed with you and you frame me falsely. Amazing that no one can agree with your points without being gaslighted.

There are mass graves being discovered in Izyum now.
More murder rape and torture which appears to have been practiced in all occupied regions.
This in addition to the 100,000 deaths in Mariupol due to indiscriminate shelling as well as all other places where this occurred.

But yes- just give me cheap nat gas.

Wars place people in stark contrast.
Total war as this makes people decide what is important to them.
So choose.
Well one thing for sure...U.S. defense contractors must be having a great 2022. You're a stock market guy----what's your charts show?
#manufacturinginamericaandeurope

Last edited:
Giving away all that covid incentive money to people who did need it(like me).
Raising the minimum wage.
Encouraging stay home working, and now people are slow to get back
All lead to high inflation.
So putting more stress on the world economy.
The Russia and China things are just more stressful.
but done is done and now the world will suffer the consequences.

China is laughing all the way to the bank, based on the decisions by other countries of the world:

Going solar? The majority of the world's solar panels are made in China.

Electric cars? China controls a large percentage of the world's lithium, and other rare-earth metals.

Natural gas? China is buying most of Putin's unsold gas, at fire-sale prices.

Oil? China locked up long-term contracts with the Middle-Easterners when oil was cheap, and they are getting it dirt cheap from Putin as well.

Electricity? China makes more electricity from coal than all the other countries in the world combined. (The PRC is really a big-ass place, and requires a lot of juice.)

Taiwan? China doesn't want them because they use to be part of the mainland, they want them because they make 75% of the world's microchips.

When the rest of the world's countries are basically dumb, it doesn't take a rocket-scientist to know who's going to win long-term...

ToolCat

QT cnctoolcat (Electricity? China makes more electricity from coal than all the other countries in the world combined. (The PRC is really a big-ass place, and requires a lot of juice.)

It's good that we spend a fortune for clean/green and lose jobs so the world gets dirtier.
Our Grubberment figures that global warming will only happen over China.
Love it when a plan comes together.

Much like if bad things only happen in Texas, that's OK.

*From the Energy standpoint, countries with fewer jobs will need less energy.

Last edited:
China is laughing all the way to the bank, based on the decisions by other countries of the world:

Going solar? The majority of the world's solar panels are made in China.
At least there is a tariff on Chinese solar panels. But also a tax credit? So the government gets paid and then pays out? Seems very efficient.

At least there is a tariff on Chinese solar panels. But also a tax credit? So the government gets paid and then pays out? Seems very efficient.

It is a very efficient way to maintain control. The feds do the same with income taxes. Collect the majority share and then give it back to states for specific spending with strings attached. Don't do what they want = loss of funding.

The Russia-Ukraine war is the main stress on energy and manufacturing in Europe related in a good part to (Natural Gas).along with poor timing planning for Green Energy.

One thing with the population being arms supported by other countries is that as long as the arms come in the attacked country can fight until the last man, woman and child are dead, and the country is in ruin. Army against Army is a limited war.
The providing countries may think they are doing good because the tragedy does not directly harm them (hopefully).
Ukraine could have joined NATO, but chose not to perhaps seeking better gas prices, or friendship with Russia, a poor decision that went bad.
Now we and others are trying to rectify Ukraine's error, at the chance of getting involved.
I think there is a 50/50 chance that Putin's last grand stand may be something really stupid. Russian people's children are being killed, which does not bide well with the Russian parents.. We can blame Putin but who do the Russians blame, likely they blame the helping countries. The war would be now over if everybody let Ukraine not get unlimited arms resources. likely a big factor in the stock market being down, It is possible the world's leaders may think that a bigger war may happen.
We may be playing a game of chance with a coin flip.

Some big wiggs don't like illegal immigrants being dropped in their neighborhood...how are they going to feel with a bomb being dropped? Government people think they can go to their sanctuary, but they won't even have time to turn off their computers, enemy Nukes are offshore about 12 minutes away.

Last edited:
Why, is there a dispute of facts here?
Russia invaded a sovereign nation
Period
You support that

The why of that is known only to you

”Why, is there a dispute of facts here?” Lol Everybody has their facts either side of a argument and that is what we usually see. Two opposing sides.
You yourself have pointed out in the past that you felt the US wrongly invaded too. So Scott thinks that it is a fact Western countries and NATO are driving that. People do believe it. There are always people who think that - really just pick a war. I suppose even “The War of the Roses might even have been blamed on the U.S.”.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ox
For NATO,having Ukraine under Russian controll would be a decided future risk.....and probably double Putins war machine potential............as has happened now,a good part of the Russian war machine is destroyed ,severe sanctions applied,and not one US serviceman has been lost..........thats what I call a win,win ,win scenario ..IMHO,the lesson from the conflict is not wasted on Chairman Xi.......corruption weakens armies .....and his campaign to eliminate corruption will continue unabated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back