What's new
What's new

Thermite

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he was being quite graceful with his descriptive adjective of ol Gordo…….he is definitely not missed round here………..
It depends on your perspective. I don't miss termite at all but I do miss John Welden. No idea if he got banned or just stopped posting. I do recall that he had cancer and hope that's not why he isn't here posting anymore.

I'm not a moderator here or anywhere else, but I did know what that 'Spammer' button would do. It was deliberately created to make it easy to remove ALL of a spammer's posts in all sub-forums without having to hunt them down and then remove the user account. A real 'nuke this user' option.

If he didn't know, he should have found out before using it, and regardless it doesn't excuse him lying about it afterwards.

While I don't care one way or the other WRT Thermite coming back, I certainly do WRT Gordo and it's an emphatic NO, NEVER.

Assuming I have a say, which I don't.

PDW

Well, I didn't know, and thus I never used it (in fear of what it might doo) when in reality, THAT is the button that would have saved me much time.
We have that button currently, and I doo use it - weekly. (so be ware! ;) )

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Well, I didn't know, and thus I never used it (in fear of what it might doo) when in reality, THAT is the button that would have saved me much time.
We have that button currently, and I doo use it - weekly. (so be ware! ;) )

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Actually, on the current system, there is a second page that has a laundry list of options, and so you know what is coming with the next click, but on the old system, I don't think that there was a "double jeopardy" set-up. I think it was one click and done?

Now if he did that to more than one person, then I'm guessing the second one at least wasn't a mistake.

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Yup. Me again :rolleyes5: :
The almighty didn't like being called out and technically corrected. He would delete peoples replies or edit what they'd written....
He would drift and talk off-topic, but he'd delete if you replied to him (hypocrite). Which obviously led to more pisstake....
Sami and camscan could light him up like a firework with just a few (very well) chosen words.
Infact, I remember many occasions where camscan would get him ringing like a church bell, and he'd only wrote a 3 or 4 word reply LoL.

He messaged me bitching and lied saying he didn't delete me as he apparently had spammed me but lied to the boss saying he didn't.
I think also he spent time fighting with mods too. The fellow rarely ever wound down it seemed as though he was raging most of the time.

Actually, on the current system, there is a second page that has a laundry list of options, and so you know what is coming with the next click, but on the old system, I don't think that there was a "double jeopardy" set-up. I think it was one click and done?

Now if he did that to more than one person, then I'm guessing the second one at least wasn't a mistake.

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

As I recall he spent a decent amount of time in the position, I should think that after that long he had figured out how to "can" spam and what the button did. I figured it out on the first day, and didn't get any real instructions either. I asked Charlie a couple questions, then started wandering around the different menus. Got it mostly down in the first week or so.

So, when I got deleted and all my history was wiped for the 2nd time....:rolleyes5:....which was recent and after an "infraction", you're saying the person who did it, must have known EXACTLY what they were doing....?
:scratchchin:

When you say recent, how recent? After the big revamp? Did you get confirmation that it was purposely done by someone and not some kind of glitch? I think thermite mentioned some quantity of his posts disappearing after the site update, no idea why or where they went.

Edit for the above....VERY badly and incorrectly worded by me. Locked out/banned for the 2nd time, together with 2nd account and 3rd account deleted.

So to clarify....
My original login of Barbter, it said I was banned for 1x day (I will argue for no reason), which was due to be lifted the day of the system upgrade.
I was then permanently banned, although a week later I could login but not access anything?
Meanwhile, I used my Barbter2 login (created when the Godron nuked me) and then was apparently banned again for 1x day, which for some unknown reason was rolled into a 4xday ban (I will argue again, for no reason), which said it was due to be lifted on 1st or 2nd of June?
This time came and went and the login then changed to a permanent ban too.

I then resurrected my old Barbter3 login, which was also created at the time that Godron nuked me.
This account was “there” (dormant), had some previous postings in the met forum, but someone went and deleted it.
I thought I'd re-register it, and after doing it, the screen said "waiting approval".
After a couple of days, "account not recognised".

Obviously, "someone" was pissing about with my account(s).

Ines apologized and said "It seemed to have been an issue when moving from VBulletin to Xenforo".

Anyway, water under the bridge.
🍻

Thanks for clarifying.

We received about 2 inches of snow yesterday and

8:00 am: I made a snowman.

8:10 - A feminist passed by and asked me why I didn't make a snow woman.

8:15 - So, I made a snow woman.

8:17 - My feminist neighbor complained about the snow woman's voluptuous chest saying it objectified women everywhere.

8:20 - The gay couple living nearby threw a hissy fit and moaned it could have been two snowmen instead.

8:22 - The transgender man.. women...person asked why I didn't just make one snow person with detachable parts.

8:25 - The vegans at the end of the lane complained about the carrot nose, as veggies are food and are not used to decorate snow figures.

8:28 - I was being called a racist because the snow couple is white.

8:30 - I used food coloring to make one of the snow couple a different color and be more racially inclusive.

8:37 - Then accused of using a black face on the snowperson.

8:39 - The middle eastern gent across the road demanded the snow woman be completely covered.

8:40 - The police arrived saying someone had been offended.

8:42 - The feminist neighbor complained again that the broomstick of the snow woman needed to be removed because it depicted women in a domestic role.

8:43 - The 'council on equality' officer arrived and threatened me with eviction.

8:45 - TV news crew from ABC showed up. I was asked if I know the difference between snowmen and snow-women? I replied "Snowballs" and am now a sexist.

9:00 - I was on the news as a suspected terrorist, racist, homophobe, and sensibility offender, bent on stirring up trouble during difficult weather.

9:10 - I was asked if I have any accomplices. My children were taken by social services.

9:29 - Far left protesters offended by everything marched down the street demanding that I be arrested.

9:45 - The boss called and fired me because of the negative association with work that had been all over social media.

10:00 - I cry into my drink because all I wanted to do was build a snowman.

Moral: There ain't no moral to this story.
It is what this world has become because of a bunch of snowflakes.

I have been cautioned.
If anyone is upset by anything I say or said send me a private message..
I certainly don't want to make or have any hard feelings here on PM.
I don't agree with everybody but walk away from threads when what I am thinking might make me seem like a hard nose.

I have been cautioned.
If anyone is upset by anything I say or said send me a private message..
I certainly don't want to make or have any hard feelings here on PM.
I don't agree with everybody but walk away from threads when what I am thinking might make me seem like a hard nose.
I suspect that those who get upset won't send a PM because they are the kind who would rather "cancel" you and would seek any opportunity to do so. Signs of the times.

I suspect that those who get upset won't send a PM because they are the kind who would rather "cancel" you and would seek any opportunity to do so. Signs of the times.
I almost got canceled once, but the shooter went running when I pulled off about five shots with a Gewehr 8mm.. I thought you were a deer he yelled.
Actually, now that I am remembering, I almost got canceled at least four times (not shooting incidents).

Last edited:
Saying someone is posting misinformation is now considered fighting words here.
I wonder if any of the mods actually worked in a machine shop? I worked at a place decades ago that in today's world would have been shut down because of rampant sexual harassment. I was often a victim as I was young to be in a supervisory role, was muscular and good looking, you would never guess looking at me today, ha,ha. I once had a woman I was interviewing for a job tell me if she was 20 years younger she would be all over me. Strangely it was the women causing the sexual harassment most of the time. I actually had to give a few verbal warnings telling then to watch the aisles before acting. It was usually 40 something women playing grab ass and flashing younger men. Memories of the good ole days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back