What's new
What's new

Thermite

Status
Not open for further replies.
The druggies I worked with in the 80's fueled their addiction by working lot's of overtime. At first I was naïve to it till I went to a poker party and they decided to stop hiding it. Speed was cheap, I thought it was weird working with older guys pulling a 12 hour Saturday and I was in my early 20's in great shape and dragging ass, while they were bouncing off the walls. That probably went on for a couple months till they came clean.

I used to work with a speed freak in the late 80's, didn't know the signs then, do now.

Had a skanky wife who would turn up sometimes, and they'd load his Gerstner full of tools into his pickup. I asked one time "why?" he said she was taking it to the pawn shop, temporarily need the money. He'd work a ton of overtime, and a week or two later it'd be back.

Last edited:
Therm might say...

"Taking a break" my arse.

I applaud what you are TRYING to do w/r shedding boolshit politics and annoying agitprop...
But you have to get about 1,000 percent more BRUTAL about it .... lest it be useless.

ELSE "relax and be raped, NOISILY".. for the value of the advert clicks?

I'm agnostic, BTW.

I can 'take a break' on my own initiative!

I was genuinely suprised by the number of guys doing the line of flux in the steel industry, regular 16 hour shifts ( doublers as we called them) manning was getting reduced, sickness etc, I remember when I finally twigged, a crane driver disappeared into the toilet, came out after a few mins sniffing like he had hay fever, ( which was his excuse, it was December)
I did a heap of overtime, it didn’t go well, I didn’t do “flux” never tried it I just went down with exhaustion.
Ended up sick myself, it was hard to refuse to work knowing that if you did you would probably get canned
I wonder how many accidents were caused by working like that, lots I’d guess
Mark

You don't put out fresh hay for the cows after morning milking before you go to the mill?

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Therm might say...

"Taking a break" my arse.

I applaud what you are TRYING to do w/r shedding boolshit politics and annoying agitprop...
But you have to get about 1,000 percent more BRUTAL about it .... lest it be useless.

ELSE "relax and be raped, NOISILY".. for the value of the advert clicks?

I'm agnostic, BTW.

I can 'take a break' on my own initiative!
OMG, another one o Bills multinics!!! :D

Last edited:
My boss told me the workers needed ice to do 14 hour days /7 days a week ,and weed to work in 50C heat all day......and his son was supplying the dope.........for those who dont know ,ice is gone to tests in 24hr .........anyone using weed will test positive a month later ........the boss sent one of the yard guys to the refinery on no notice ,he failed at the gate and was automatically banned for 30 days......you guys dont know what its like to work for an idiot.

So today I was searching down some old threads regarding Wohlhaupter boring heads. And in one long several page thread, somehow Thermite got in. About 1/4 way down the first page he starts injecting his verbal nonsense. It really broke up the flow of information because people quoted and responded to his posts. Every post by him lacked any relevant information on the thread topic. And he injected himself between posts at about a rate of 1:3 (Thermite : others). He added no value to the thread.

I am glad he is gone, and I really hope he does not come back. Donie had his issues, but he nailed Thermite dead on. I met Thermite in person, 2 or 3 times, as he lived near my work and he came to pick up items I listed FS on PM on at least 2 or 3 occasions. The guy was a total bullshitter.

Harsh comment, but this forum is better w/o him.

Last edited:
So today I was searching down some old threads regarding Wohlhaupter boring heads. And in one long several page thread, somehow Thermite got in. About 1/4 way down the first page he starts injecting his verbal nonsense. It really broke up the flow of information because people quoted and responded to his posts. Every post by him lacked any relevant information on the thread topic. And he injected himself between posts at about a rate of 1:3 (Thermite : others). He added no value to the thread.

I am glad he is gone, and I really hope he does not come back. Donie had his issues, but he nailed Thermite dead on. I met Thermite in person, 2 or 3 times, as he lived near my work and he came to pick up items I listed FS on PM on at least 2 or 3 occasions. The guy was a total bullshitter.

Harsh comment, but this forum is better w/o him.
but somehow he's getting lots of press haha (i agree)

OT(other topic) : not about therm

Ox said:
You don't put out fresh hay for the cows after morning milking before you go to the mill?

If we got rid of all the cows because they fart we would not have to get out of bed in the morning to milk them, and not have to worry about old milk going bad, likely not get fat for the lack of butter, cheese and whipped cream so the world would be a better place...
and we would never have to do something till the cows come home because if there are no cows then they can't come home.

Last edited:
Reading his posts was like work so I disagree that he was a great writer. Just my opinion of course. HSM sucks and you are right about the over moderation.....
Ever read Finnegan's Wake? Joyce was a great writer, IMO. Did I ever read Finnegan's Wake? No, couldn't get through it :D
I

OK ,confession time.....I never understood any of thermies earlier writings,so I never read them.......of late though ,I have been understanding? some of it,and I thought maybe he was not very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back