What's new
What's new

Craigslist funny time!

I applied to the position and eagerly await a response. I hope I can learn things about CNC's!
"mine is way better im a genious." sure inspires a lot of confidence

I applied to the position and eagerly await a response. I hope I can learn things about CNC's!
I see he also has digital probing. Uh, I think I get that annually at the urologist's office so probably don't need one at work too.

You must follow up on this, visit the shop, and post some pix of said "genious"....

Reactions: Ox
well I can't find the post now, but the one with the shopsmith. did not see a price, but I sold one with about half the attachments in the mid 2000's or so for $100

Ok, not a Craigslist funny but I found this in an upscale shop in Manhattan (we're here for a wedding). I just couldn't think of a good use for it so I had to pass.

Attachments

• PXL_20221005_211544320-min(2).jpg
    PXL_20221005_211544320-min(2).jpg
    959.9 KB · Views: 108
LOL!

Those big game guys always make me snicker....

Fly all the way to the Serengeti to shoot a Water Buffalo.
Skin it out, and fly the hide home to mount.

Sure seems like an awfully big deal to end up with a bovine not much different than what many of us have within plinking distance every day.

Doesn't seem much different than having a prize Angus bull mounted in your living room to me.
And that prize angus will be bigger'n that waterbuffalo.
???

-------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Cape buffalo are not the same as Asian water buffalo, so if you've seen the village kids riding their buffalo and find yourself in Africa anywhere near a cape buffalo, take just a little time out and do your own research on differences. Cape buffalo are smart, unpredictable and dangerous.

Had to laugh about this one... I get emails from Practical Machinist frequently. I guess I signed up for them at some point. Some are ads and some have certain posts from the forum singled out. I look at a lot of those and find them interesting.

Now the funny (ironic?) part - The subject of today's email is: "Price drop alert! Grizzly has lowered thousands of prices!"

The import machines that are generally not allowed to be talked about on the Practical Machinist forum are being advertised by Practical Machinist.
1665532359071.png

Had to laugh about this one... I get emails from Practical Machinist frequently. I guess I signed up for them at some point. Some are ads and some have certain posts from the forum singled out. I look at a lot of those and find them interesting.

Now the funny (ironic?) part - The subject of today's email is: "Price drop alert! Grizzly has lowered thousands of prices!"

The import machines that are generally not allowed to be talked about on the Practical Machinist forum are being advertised by Practical Machinist.
View attachment 376992
I laughed when I saw the email this morning. Seeing as we have historically advised supporting advertisers, does that mean we can steer people to the unmentionables?

Humor aside, if they want to help keep this place floating I shouldn’t complain.

Yeah, you wouldn't want machines like this to be talked about on PM. Homeowner class garbage.

sb1069f-03d72d69907eabc0be2a29e1d5c44ab8.jpg

I agree in general, a G4003 or round column mill shouldn't be on here. But that isn't all Grizzly sells. The South Bend lathes are perfectly OK machines. Not great, but what are you going to do in 2022? Weiler or bust?

Here is a liquidation auction I just saw. I got a chuckle when I read the ad.

Blows my mind someone thought that conglomeration of junk was a going to be a viable business. Looks like some instagram kid's wet dream.

Blows my mind someone thought that conglomeration of junk was a going to be a viable business. Looks like some instagram kid's wet dream.
It looks like they bought whatever they could get on credit. Cheap China Stuff, but wait...... its Brand new so it must be good, right?

I had a guy tell me he was looking at buying a tormach surface grinder brand new. I told him he could get a Harig Super 612 cheaper and its a much better machine. He told me if the tormach breaks he can get parts easily and it has a warranty. I told him I have had mine for 30+ years and never needed to fix or adjust anything on it.

Some people think "New" means good.

I had a laugh when they called it a state of the art facility. Looks like some gun nuts thought they would have a better idea than the legacy firearms manufacturers do. 3D printer and some toymachs and we will be rich before you know it!!!

Back