What's new
What's new

New Machine Day - Millturn monster

Philabuster- very happy to hear you say that, if its 3/4 as solid, reliable, and durable as the old one I'd be satisfied. I was concerned about the milling spindle when they changed to grease feed from oil feed, but they switched back to oil feed on this machine(i...H's). Anyone know anything about that?
Mine is oil lubricated milling spindle 30HP, 12k RPM. Quiet as a mouse when its running. Gets loud as hell as soon as the endmill engages the workpiece. Rips off the stock. Lol.

That's a LOT of machine for 65mm capacity!
But you will like the 10K live toys.
Still today it seems like many are only 4K.
But then I guess live pockets on the lower turret wouldn't likely be used much?

You have app for B axis?

I didn't see a steady rest as an option on the website.
You should be able to at least add an aftermarket one onto the lower turret.
With that much daylight between spindles, that may come of use.

-----------------------

Daylight Again \
Ox

Funny you mention it, the only option I didn't spring for that maybe a mistake is the live tools on the lower. I am planning on adding the steady(uses 3or4? positions), custom for a particular part, kept going back and forth but don't think the live on lower would save me much time. I could add low hp coolant powered milling if needed.
The machine can insert/remove a live or dead center into the sub with a tool call, and I can have another in the turret so either sub spindle or turret or both could stabilize parts w centers or steady. There weren't many things you could ask for which weren't options.
Yes, we have parts for B. We are shooting for finished parts in the one setup with automation eventually. Its a good bunch of work to get there.

Reactions: Ox
With that upper spindle thingy, I wouldn't think there to be much to gain with the lower - other than quicker cycle time, but I'm guessing that with this thing, cycle time isn't really a major player. (???)

----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Something must be wrong with me. I'm starting to enjoy scraping off the cosmoline. Everything is so much bigger then the i200- Castings, ballscrews & linear ways.

Attachments

• W-cosmo.jpg
    W-cosmo.jpg
    736.4 KB · Views: 140
  • WO-cosmo.jpg
    WO-cosmo.jpg
    669.6 KB · Views: 139
  • Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    916.2 KB · Views: 141
Yup. 4k max RPM and high output spindle motor too.
There's still a few of these out there.
Solid.
That was the other decision I was fighting- they offered a 4.4" bore but reduced rpm to 3300 or 2800?-don't remember- and wasn't inexpensive. 95% of our stuff is under 2.5". Those big bores offer great flexibility. I would have done it if the big bore came w the rpm.

Awesome looking machine! What's the difference between the i series and the i-h series?

How's the service in PA from Mazak?

i-h is their newest, larger frame, heavier, and designed for automation w options. Some options only available for i-h. Service & applications has been very good in this area.

Rough leveled and powered up today!!
The control booted and started talking - made me laugh out loud. It's a new world vs my 640MT Integrex. Had a job that couldn't wait and had to make these trodes in the old girl. The wall thickness on the part is .014" in Cu. I couldn't get the vibration out but the artifacts didn't show up in the part this was used on. It still blows my mind that a 23 year old machine can do this everyday, fingers crossed the new one is really better then the old one.

The concrete is 24" thick 4500psi and we drilled 18 cores - 4" Dia x 9" deep for the 16" long, 5/8" Dia vector anchor bolts. Filled the holes w epoxy grout which is over 4x stronger then the concrete.

Leveling starts with 4 outside legs, getting the proper height for the tank & chip conveyor. Tomorrow the remaining legs will take weight while using numerous leveling plates which bolt to the multiple axis for dynamic measurements.

Its quieter & has brighter lighting then I expected.

Attachments

• install1.jpg
    install1.jpg
    600.4 KB · Views: 115
  • install3.jpg
    install3.jpg
    545 KB · Views: 111
  • t1.jpg
    t1.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 111
  • t2.jpg
    t2.jpg
    594.1 KB · Views: 112
  • install2.jpg
    install2.jpg
    454.2 KB · Views: 114
Rough leveled and powered up today!!
The control booted and started talking - made me laugh out loud.
The service tech from Mazak said typically the first thing the customer requests is to have him shut off the voice advisor. That thing was irritating.

It will take you a bit to get used to the touch screen, but once you do, it becomes second nature. If I run the Integrex too long and then go run my old 1986 Mazak, I have caught myself several times wondering why the old machine's touch screen does not work. :rolleyes5: :nutter:

The service tech from Mazak said typically the first thing the customer requests is to have him shut off the voice advisor. That thing was irritating.

It will take you a bit to get used to the touch screen, but once you do, it becomes second nature. If I run the Integrex too long and then go run my old 1986 Mazak, I have caught myself several times wondering why the old machine's touch screen does not work. :rolleyes5: :nutter:
For sure. I go from Smooth G back to Fusion 640 and have the same problem.
Leave the voice on! Once you know what and when it is talking you can switch the language to German and lean a new language.

For sure. I go from Smooth G back to Fusion 640 and have the same problem.
Leave the voice on! Once you know what and when it is talking you can switch the language to German and lean a new language.
Lol, cut our 1st chips, main spindle only, checking for tapper - 45minutes to dial out it out with the leveling pads(to less then .0001") and I'd had enough of the voice advisor. I thought I might like it but its very annoying. Love the idea of changing the language...

Tool question- on this machine vs the 640, I only need to measure the tools in the B home position and it will determine the offsets in all the other positions? The tool eye is very high so 1st tool I set was a left handed head in a 100mm C6 extension which is too long to rotate 90 - cutting position for front spindle- and measure. I'm used the 640 where we would measure, rotate B or spindle, then add another tool orientation in the tool data, then measure again. Do I understand this properly...measure at B home then we're good at any other b angle?

Back