What's new
What's new

Milltronics ML15 lathe Servo Drive Problem

JDR21

Plastic
I have a Milltronics ML15 lathe with a bad servo board. I purchased a set of 3 boards from a Milltronics mill that have the same number (GA370-3 370-3001 (C). The original X axis card in the machine still works and the machine will home the X axis. If I try the new cards on the X axis it will alarm out 407 x axis excess error condition. Would any one know if there is a difference between the lathe and mill cards? I wouldn't think that all 3 would be bad.

Must be a very old ML15 with the Glentec cards and SEM Motors. My ML15 uses Yaskawa Drives/motors. IIRC you need to balance the glentec cards for the motor it is driving. I think there is a sub program available that puts it in a oscillating loop to do so. You will need to call Milltronics and get the proceedure, Hopefully they still have someone old enough to remeber how to do that :-) - I know Troy G has moved on, and he was the best tech they ever had.

I have a Milltronics ML15 lathe with a bad servo board. I purchased a set of 3 boards from a Milltronics mill that have the same number (GA370-3 370-3001 (C). The original X axis card in the machine still works and the machine will home the X axis. If I try the new cards on the X axis it will alarm out 407 x axis excess error condition. Would any one know if there is a difference between the lathe and mill cards? I wouldn't think that all 3 would be bad.
contact Bob Mcmanus, he used to work for milltronics for more than 20 yrs, h has his own repair company in Minnesota, excellent guy, has helped me over the phone for free as late as 9pm ! his phone number is 952-288-6340. I have bought repair parts from him at much lower cost than milltronics.

contact Bob Mcmanus, he used to work for milltronics for more than 20 yrs, h has his own repair company in Minnesota, excellent guy, has helped me over the phone for free as late as 9pm ! his phone number is 952-288-6340. I have bought repair parts from him at much lower cost than milltronics.

Back