What's new
What's new

How will China's new airliner fair?

The office looks a bit like Airbus with the side stick but a lot "busier", kinda like an Alibaba website:

C919-4.png

A320:

a320-cockpit.jpg

Last edited:
The office looks a bit like Airbus with the side stick but a lot "busier", kinda like an Alibaba website:

C919-4.png

A320:

a320-cockpit.jpg
Lots of info on the 'net.
Airframe is Chinese.
Lots of intellectual property supposedly got hacked a number of years ago from various U.S. aerospace companies.
Usual U.S. and Euro joint ventures for flight management and other systems, so upside is some Western companies will benefit while each one sold is one less aircraft that Boeing or Airbus builds.
Best guess the C919 is for domestic service and maybe for those countries the U.S./EU has sanctions against?

All I will say is to never underestimate the competition while on top of the hill.

From Wiki:

"COMAC aims to take a fifth of the global narrowbody market and a third of the Chinese market by 2035.[10] It expects 2,000 sales in the next 20 years."

They also say the average price for orders so far is $68.4 million, way less that Boeing or Airbus. Think the airlines will bite on that? :drool5:

From Wiki:

"COMAC aims to take a fifth of the global narrowbody market and a third of the Chinese market by 2035.[10] It expects 2,000 sales in the next 20 years."

They also say the average price for orders so far is $68.4 million, way less that Boeing or Airbus. Think the airlines will bite on that? :drool5:
I bet the Chinese CEO and his cronies are not paid the obscene salaries Boeing pays their equivalents.

After what Boeing did to the Bombardier CSeries and themselves with the various 737 bungles over the past decade, there's a screaming, gaping hole in the market that this plugs nicely. I'm sure it'll be more reliable than an Iluyshin.

Let's hope it is anyway
The first decade of them will be built with CFM engines, same as a 737. So yeah, I would bet a lot of money on these being more reliable than anything Russia has ever or will ever make.

Airframes aren't _that_ complicated. It's the engines that are always hard in aviation.

Back