What's new
What's new

Help! - Doosan MV3016 throwing alarm after sitting for extended period.

50BMG DUDE

Cast Iron
Hi Guys,

I've got a 2008 Doosan Mv3016 Mill. Machine has been in storage for about a year and a half. Got it hooked up today and it powered up. Once I turn on the control and put it in reset mode (axis drives energized) it throws a 9058 Spindle alarm and 612 axis drive alarms for all 4 axis.

Best of my google foo says this is a Power Supply Module error? (PSM Overload) - It's an A06B-6110-H026 Power supply if that helps.

My questions are? Anything else it could be causing this? Don't want to throw a $3,500 PSM at it and have it be a fuse or something stupid. My input voltage is 235 VAC Phase/Phase on all three lines (within 1 volt) All power supply lines are 115 VAC to Ground. Tried swapping 2 phases in case it was a phase issue. It is powered by a Phase perfect digital converter. Was running before we moved. Could this have been caused by sitting?

Any recommendation on Fanuc repair VS just buying a refurb unit?

Thanks - Let me know if there is anything else you need to know.

Before anything else, check for
1) Blown fuses
2) tripped breakers
3) loose or disconnected wires
4) correct voltage/phasing
and, one that bedeviled me for a while, a shorted out fan.
Sometimes, fans that are lazy or non working will cause a myriad of unrelated alarms.

Ditto on checking for bad fans... I had a Mazak QT200 that threw an obscure alarm which Mazak phone support finally figured out probably had to do with a bad fan in the drive power supply ! Found the culprit, replaced it and the alarm cleared.

Checked all the breakers, fuses, overloads.

Checked Voltage and phasing per my OP

Used a strip of paper to try to check the fans, any better ideas on how to do that?

Machine was moved 1500 miles by air ride semi before it sat, so I will look for loose wires, but this isn't the older card type Fanuc control, it's all modules (Alpha series)

Checked all the breakers, fuses, overloads.

Checked Voltage and phasing per my OP

Used a strip of paper to try to check the fans, any better ideas on how to do that?

Machine was moved 1500 miles by air ride semi before it sat, so I will look for loose wires, but this isn't the older card type Fanuc control, it's all modules (Alpha series)
See if one of your local service guys can temporarily swap a power supply. This way, you can be sure.
Also, you might want to call Doosan (Now DN-Solutions) service and ask.

Back