What's new
What's new

WTB: Brother Speedio S500x, S700x, S1000x 10k or 16krpm spindle

jehake12

Plastic
I'm interested in buying a brother speedio (S500x, S700x, S1000x) with a 10k or 16krpm spindle. I live in the SF Bay Area of California.

We have a 2017 Brother Speedio S700X1 with the following options:
16,000 RPM CTSI Spindle
W.I.P.S.
Nikken 5-Axis Rotary Pictured
Coolant System
Misc Tooling

We are selling this for a customer of ours. Contact [email protected] if you'd like information. It's expensive but available.

5th axis would be out of my budget. Might go for a 4th axis though.

Can't do an R450x.
I have 2 450's, a 700 and a 500. If I had to have only 1 machine, it would be a 450. If you can't fit the work on it, I understand. Just don't want you to miss on something you might find useful. my first Brother was a 450, and it completely changed how I do stuff. Good luck!

I'm interested in buying a brother speedio (S500x, S700x, S1000x) with a 10k or 16krpm spindle. I live in the SF Bay Area of California.

I have a S700X1 I was going to sell likely next month... but my timing is flexible and I could sell sooner and have a buddy parts I have left to do.

It was installed March of 2018, it it is new condition, maybe a few hundred hours on it cutting mostly acrylic and some aluminum (can check cut time). It has high accuracy mode, hand wheel, spindle and feed override switches, CTS prep with larger coolant tank, Renishaw spindle probe and table-mounted tool setter probe, and a Sankyo 4th axis.

I am in Massachusetts though, but I doubt you will find one in nicer condition and better maintained. I make my own parts for my business but our software side is picking up big time and manufacturing is slowing, so that's why I was going to sell.

I have a ton tooling and holders too - which would be available/negotiable (brand new 6" Kurt vise, dozens of holders I bought new with the machine, fixture plates, dovetail clamps, etc).

OFF topic a bit.
I was at a shop that had a few Brothers running aluminum. Pretty impressive little guys even with the 30 Taper.
the surprising thing was the massive amount of vibration in the floor, 10 feet away. So I guess the frames are more for transmitting vibration than absorbing it?

OFF topic a bit.
I was at a shop that had a few Brothers running aluminum. Pretty impressive little guys even with the 30 Taper.
the surprising thing was the massive amount of vibration in the floor, 10 feet away. So I guess the frames are more for transmitting vibration than absorbing it?
When my few brothers are running the floor doesn’t vibrate that I can feel. I’d blame the floor.

OFF topic a bit.
Something unusual or wrong. My I can't feel anything in the floor when my Brothers are running either. Maybe something was out of balance or the machine wasn't correctly installed/feet adjusted.

My bet would be the prep under the concrete was shit. Like hollow after it settled. Brothers are little, light and probably wouldn't break a shitty slab.

Yeah, there were some different slab/ seams in the area. The guy was pretty aggressive knocking out parts. what's the 4+1 with turning, M200? Badass little pocket rocket commodity machine. There is a mill i know of that has double the rapids, spindle speeds, accuracy and weight but probably 4x the price. and wouldn't tickle your feet 3 yards away.

I have a S700X1 I was going to sell likely next month... but my timing is flexible and I could sell sooner and have a buddy parts I have left to do.

It was installed March of 2018, it it is new condition, maybe a few hundred hours on it cutting mostly acrylic and some aluminum (can check cut time). It has high accuracy mode, hand wheel, spindle and feed override switches, CTS prep with larger coolant tank, Renishaw spindle probe and table-mounted tool setter probe, and a Sankyo 4th axis.

I am in Massachusetts though, but I doubt you will find one in nicer condition and better maintained. I make my own parts for my business but our software side is picking up big time and manufacturing is slowing, so that's why I was going to sell.

I have a ton tooling and holders too - which would be available/negotiable (brand new 6" Kurt vise, dozens of holders I bought new with the machine, fixture plates, dovetail clamps, etc).
How much? What spindle does it have? Thanks Jason

Yeah, there were some different slab/ seams in the area. The guy was pretty aggressive knocking out parts. what's the 4+1 with turning, M200? Badass little pocket rocket commodity machine. There is a mill i know of that has double the rapids, spindle speeds, accuracy and weight but probably 4x the price. and wouldn't tickle your feet 3 yards away.
What? 4,000 ipm rapids wouldn't save much time.

The basic idea is if the concrete and subgrade isn't adequate for the forces acting above it, the concrete will flex too much and sink into the dirt.

CNC's don't exert very high forces on the floor. They don't have that much reciprocating mass.

Presses on the other hand do. Stamping press manufacturers recommend you place your press on an isolated concrete inertia block having 1.5 times the mass of your press and under 1000 PSF including the static load of the press. We are talking about machines here that have 500-50,000 lbs of reciprocating mass here. Like a 50 ton press with a 500 lb ram+ 150 lb upper die running 200 strokes a minute.

Now think about how much a Brother weighs and how much concrete weighs. Do the math on your average 6" shop slab section about 10' square with a Brother sitting on it.

That's why I say they have shitty concrete or subgrade.

Reactions: mkd
What? 4,000 ipm rapids wouldn't save much time.
In what world one must live in, where DOUBLE the rapid speed 'wouldn't save much time'????????
answer; in the Brother fanboi forum where when faced with overwhelming specs, all are ignored.
I am trolling, as I was genuinely impressed with the little brothers. But they *might not deserve the God-like status they get around here. There is MUCH higher performance to be had in the market.

There is MUCH higher performance to be had in the market.
My question of what still stands. Keep your comparison to parts production that the Brother is designed for, and keep in mind the goal is to make money so price per part is the main comparison. Or are you just trolling with nothing constructive to add?

I really am interested since I make my living producing production parts with cnc mills. Last May I got an R650 and still think it was the best choice for my needs. It's not perfect but as a package I can't think of anything that even competes with it in $$$ per hour production.

My question of what still stands. Keep your comparison to parts production that the Brother is designed for, and keep in mind the goal is to make money so price per part is the main comparison. Or are you just trolling with nothing constructive to add?

I really am interested since I make my living producing production parts with cnc mills. Last May I got an R650 and still think it was the best choice for my needs. It's not perfect but as a package I can't think of anything that even competes with it in $$$ per hour production.
Honestly, if i had a r650 i'm sure i'd really like it to knock out commodity parts. There may not be anything superior in that realm, unless you needed full 5 axis and a Robo was the only other game in town. How many hours unattended can you get out of two pallets?
Parts per cubic dollar is towards the top of any honest list. But not all mills can fight in every schoolyard. Sometimes the JV team doesn't have a chance.
In the medical feild where Cpk rule, decent enough isn't good enough. Sometimes an applications needs 40k rpm with 100 duty cycle and awesome repeatability with full 5 axis, where you would be making parts in 3-4x faster than a brother. I know "faster than a Brother" is heresy around here.

You would get a Robo for small 5 axis work at high spindle speeds??? Since I have a hard time, and sometimes can't, swap parts as fast as the machine can make them I don't get much unattended time. My Brother swaps pallets in less than 4 seconds, while repositioning and changing tools 🤑.

PS, you need a grammar and spell checker.

• Haha
DMG was making linear machines with 4k rapids and 30k spindles, but when you can buy 4 speedios, and I am not sure they have the accel that the speedios do. My older DMG has faster x rapids than the speedio and takes literally twice the time to make parts due to toolchanger/accel/spindle speed/spindle accel

DMG was making linear machines with 4k rapids and 30k spindles, but when you can buy 4 speedios, and I am not sure they have the accel that the speedios do. My older DMG has faster x rapids than the speedio and takes literally twice the time to make parts due to toolchanger/accel/spindle speed/spindle accel
yes, a brother's turret indexing toolchanger is pretty unassailable with speed as the goal, so long as adjacent tool tool isn't so long.

Back