What's new
What's new

Miniature bullet alignment pin

Really ?
Doo you need glasses ?
I do wear glasses. And I am currently using said glasses to look for a question from Larry. Nope, no questions from Larry. I don't want to cause a stir with you. Would you care to elaborate?

I do wear glasses. And I am currently using said glasses to look for a question from Larry. Nope, no questions from Larry. I don't want to cause a stir with you. Would you care to elaborate?
He just takes his role as the guy who hard times the slightest misstep in every thread quite seriously…. There are plenty of people here willing to help you and if you can handle some gruff and or abrasive personalities you might find this forum a wonderful resource.

To the OP, what is the material and quantity needed of the pin?
I replied to Larry's declarative sentence...

JPhilblade said:
Thank you. I was hoping to "buy off the shelf". Seems like standard measurements.

To which Larry replied...
L Vanice said:
L Vanice said:
People on this site make things and get paid for them. If you want to search shelves, use Google.

Larry

To which I replied...
Sorry about that. I had exhausted Google and came upon this site. I saw a similar post and members were offering up links.

He just takes his role as the guy who hard times the slightest misstep in every thread quite seriously…. There are plenty of people here willing to help you and if you can handle some gruff and or abrasive personalities you might find this forum a wonderful resource.
I know those guys.

Jphil, reread your first post and put yourself in our shoes. My first read was you wanted someone to provide a free search service, so I didn't respond. Not gonna do all the footwork for somebody.

You are being childish. Although not posed as a question Lvanice's intent was clear, and it should have been addressed in your first post.

For example, "I'm looking for 500 of these bullet shaped pins for PCB installation. I've googled extensively and can't find any. Does anyone know a source? Must be bullet shaped. I can't modify straight pins. Maybe soneone can make me some. I can provide a drawing."

There you go. All the info in the first post instead of annoyingly drip fed. Easy. If you are looking for help better to be gracious than a pedantic ass. You'll sure get more help in life.

Jphil, reread your first post and put yourself in our shoes. My first read was you wanted someone to provide a free search service, so I didn't respond. Not gonna do all the footwork for somebody.

You are being childish. Although not posed as a question Lvanice's intent was clear, and it should have been addressed in your first post.

For example, "I'm looking for 500 of these bullet shaped pins for PCB installation. I've googled extensively and can't find any. Does anyone know a source? Must be bullet shaped. I can't modify straight pins. Maybe soneone can make me some. I can provide a drawing."

There you go. All the info in the first post instead of annoyingly drip fed. Easy. If you are looking for help better to be gracious than a pedantic ass. You'll sure get more help in life.
Wow.

Out ofcuriosity, I went back and re-read original poster's question and he didn't say anything about quantity. He merely ask if anyone knew of a source, and for some reason, a few inconsiderate souls thought they need to drag him over the coals because he did not read their minds, how stupid is that.
JH

Out ofcuriosity, I went back and re-read original poster's question and he didn't say anything about quantity. He merely ask if anyone knew of a source, and for some reason, a few inconsiderate souls thought they need to drag him over the coals because he did not read their minds, how stupid is that.
JH
Who didn't read whose mind? You are mixed up.

Let me ask you for some help. I'm looking to source a 1/4" bolt.

See how I'm leaving it to you to read my mind about many pertinent details.

There was no question asked.

To the OP, what is the material and quantity needed of the pin?

The OP never gets it and never answes the questions. He just gets cute. He might as well have said it's none of your business.

Who didn't read whose mind? You are mixed up.

Let me ask you for some help. I'm looking to source a 1/4" bolt.

See how I'm leaving it to you to read my mind about many pertinent details.

The OP never gets it and never answes the questions. He just gets cute. He might as well have said it's none of your business.
I promised myself I would not get wrapped up in this stupidity. Yet, here I am. The question was answered in the very next post. Go back and look at the timeline. I posted the original post. Larry commented on it. I responded to his comment. Then I got harassed for not answering his question. My intelegence was impugned. My career of 35+ years was questioned. I honestly thought I was being punked. Like, hazing of the new "plastic" guy. I "liked" all the comments of people posting helpful information. But I saw that this was just going to be a pig pile of negativity. I thanked everybody and said goodbye. But even that upset somebody. So once again to you all, thank you. Peace out.

I promised myself I would not get wrapped up in this stupidity. Yet, here I am. The question was answered in the very next post. Go back and look at the timeline. I posted the original post. Larry commented on it. I responded to his comment. Then I got harassed for not answering his question. My intelegence was impugned. My career of 35+ years was questioned. I honestly thought I was being punked. Like, hazing of the new "plastic" guy. I "liked" all the comments of people posting helpful information. But I saw that this was just going to be a pig pile of negativity. I thanked everybody and said goodbye. But even that upset somebody. So once again to you all, thank you. Peace out.
Ask for help. Provide minimum details. Be obtuse when people ask you to elaborate so they CAN help, and not waste EVERYONE'S time.

You are correct. Nothing but negativity and stupidity here!

JH
Well, Mr. Vanice put forth the statement that "The quantity and material is important if it is not already in stock somewhere and you want someone to make them."

And the OP failed to provide any info, despite that he revisited the thread several times.

Maybe he does not deserve any help.

I would suggest, that had he stated his needs, he may have actually got advice that fitted those!

Since he wanted to act as a pedantic prig, maybe he got what he really deserved!

I don't get how this simple question became such a mess. The OP asked where to source an item, and when people stated he needed to post more information in order to have them made, he clearly stated he wanted to buy "off the shelf".

Either suggest a source or move on. What is everyone so bent out shape about?

I don't get how this simple question became such a mess. The OP asked where to source an item, and when people stated he needed to post more information in order to have them made, he clearly stated he wanted to buy "off the shelf".

Either suggest a source or move on. What is everyone so bent out shape about?
I am confused about the bullet (gun consumable) statements. It seemed obvious on op s second or third post what he was after. Maybe not exact, enough to know if you had best guess where to look for it. Or at least a different search word.
Carr lane calls them bullet dowels.

I am confused about the bullet (gun consumable) statements. It seemed obvious on op s second or third post what he was after. Maybe not exact, enough to know if you had best guess where to look for it. Or at least a different search word.
Carr lane calls them bullet dowels.
I have made and used a bunch of these, we simply called them bullets.
Some were for fitting flight control bolts through their respective holes, without putting fingers at risk, or to depress the spring loaded retention pin, that was part of the bolt, others were for sliding O-rings, over threaded or rough surfaces, without damaging them.

I can understand a fella that had never seen or used such, to be confused.

What is one?, if I guess, it’s to line the firing pin with the round?, is it that critical crossed my mind, you can’t adjust the chamber I think, this is very much left handed screwdriver to me
It’s a tiny job, of the complexity encountered in high school as a turning exercise for beginners looking at it unless the thing is +0.00005 minus nil and made of tungsten carbide polished between the thighs of a griffin
Mark

Back