What's new
What's new

Camworks/Solidworks Cam: How to display N Number only at tool change?

alek95

Cast Iron
Hi everyone,

Is it possible to remove the N Number from every line and instead only have it show an N number at tool changes or operation?

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to remove the N Number from every line and instead only have it show an N number at tool changes or operation?
It is possible. Unfortunately I can't tell you how to do it though! HawkRidge built and manages my post, but I have it set up that it only posts out a N value at the Tool Change line and the N value matches the T# - rather than searching for T23 twice, I just search for N23 and get right to the beginning of the needed tool.

For example - I deleted a bunch of code just to show my tool change lines

N1 T01 M06 (1/2 X 1.5 OSG)
T23

N23 T23 M06 (1/4 X 120DEG CBT SPOT DRILL)
T2

N2 T02 M06 (#43 DRILL)
T5

Hi everyone,

yes it is possible, you have to modify your Postprocessor with UPG2. i show you in a picture.
this is the link for download free the UPG2

Attachments

• upg.png
    upg.png
    50.4 KB · Views: 9
yes it is possible, you have to modify your Postprocessor with UPG2. i show you in a picture.
this is the link for download free the UPG2
Thanks. UPG is awesome!

Is there a way to get it to output all tools at the start of the program?

yes it is possible, but you will have to programer this in the Section Start of Tape (miscellaneous). what are you Control? Fanuc, hass, etc, Do you have a Lathe or mill machine?

Fanuc Mill.

I have watched the 1 hour video from "GSC" on Youtube but it didn't cover how to do this.

Back