What's new
What's new

Which Deckel is this?

Originally labeled FP3 Later model was renamed FP33..to eliminate confusion with the "new" FP3 that fit with the FP1, and FP2 model line..
Think the factory tag is stamped "FP33" so its the later offering just as Martin says.
That is a serious machine....

Cheers Ross

Last edited:
FP33’s were usually 50 taper. Have seen three, one with the crane, and all had serious wear in long axis. Don’t think their ways were as well proportioned or oriented as similar sized Devliegs.

Reactions: Mud
Ebay does that too. I thought that was illegal.
Do you mean charging sales tax or charging a higher % for Sales tax than the state's official tax rate?

Here is a recent ended auction for a HLVH-EM. The auctioneer is charging 18% B.P. and 8.25% sales tax. The machine is in Texas, where the sales tax is 6.25%. Am I missing something here, how are they charging an additional 2% for the sales tax?

Or this item in Illinois. Auctioneer's sales tax is 10.25%. Illinois sales tax is 6.25%

Last edited:
I think on internet sales, the tax added is according to your local sales tax rate, not the location of the item being sold, so your purchases are paying tax into the local tax coffers.

Thought sales tax on online purchases only applied when the seller had a “brick & mortar store” in the state of the buyer.

Cheers Ross
A few years ago when I sold my Fronius welder (on Ebay) to a company in Illinois, Ebay added sales tax to the invoice. I told Ebay I was not a dealer/reseller and this was my personal machine, but they said it didn't matter, they were required by Illinois to charge sales tax.

Sales tax online happens when the seller does enough business in the state to require them to charge sales tax. I think normally it's like over $50k and the seller must collect sales tax for the state. EBay and Bid Spotter do well over $50k in sales in each US state.

I think eBay and other places like Bid Spotter have to charge sales tax based on buyer location since they are technically the seller of the item and selling it to the person which is in the state. Does not matter if the business using eBay does not do over $50k of sales in the state.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt since I am not an accountant.

Back