What's new
What's new

Haas helping the Russians?

it doesn't change the bullshit you said
It would be cool if you wrote your thought "a little" in more detail.
Maybe you can convince me - how cool it is when a machine tool factory tries to please every activist in the world, while simultaneously fulfilling the duties of a social security service (which, in fact, is in Russia and in the USA).

Could you elaborate on what you meant by "stolen from the state"?

I am very interested in your "chatter" as you call it. I believe that I agree with the philosophy of what @Milling man said. However, I would like to understand your perspective as well.
imagine that you live in a village and you all invested in the construction of a water tower. and now you have water, you use it until some nouveau riche draws it up for himself and you already have to pay money for water to him. so we got our oligarchs and a lot of smaller "Atlanteans". who fluff their peacock tails and tell how and what they have achieved in business. but in fact, these are thieves who robbed the "village" in which people lived in the Soviet Union. You cannot understand this for objective reasons. you just had to live in that country and this. all large business in our country is built on the principle of "privatization of profits and nationalization of losses". surely you know this principle when your banks were pulled out after the 2008 mortgage crash. and that social security is the smallest, it’s crumbs from the once stolen national property

It would be cool if you wrote your thought "a little" in more detail.
Maybe you can convince me - how cool it is when a machine tool factory tries to please every activist in the world, while simultaneously fulfilling the duties of a social security service (which, in fact, is in Russia and in the USA).
you yourself went to a free kindergarten, received free education and medicine. your wife got maternity leave with payments and not like in the states a bill for childbirth and a kick in the ass to work after three months of caring for a baby. and having received all this yourself, now you will tell why it cannot be received by others

you yourself went to a free kindergarten, received free education and medicine. your wife got maternity leave with payments and not like in the states a bill for childbirth and a kick in the ass to work after three months of caring for a baby. and having received all this yourself, now you will tell why it cannot be received by others
I do not have a wife and children, and I am treated mainly for money (actually, like everyone else in Russia - if you did not know, we have insurance medicine) - but in general you are right. But where the hell did I say that social security is bad?????
I said that everyone should mind their own business. A machine tool plant is the most efficient way to produce machine tools without breaking the law. Customs - make sure that the machines are not sent to "unexpected places". The social insurance service must allocate resources for social security. The school should teach children. The state legislator must determine tax rates so that there is enough money for everyone - but also so that rich people do not run away to better places.
so we got our oligarchs and a lot of smaller "Atlanteans". who fluff their peacock tails and tell how and what they have achieved in business. but in fact, these are thieves who robbed the "village" in which people lived in the Soviet Union. You cannot understand this for objective reasons. you just had to live in that country and this. all large business in our country is built on the principle of "privatization of profits and nationalization of losses".
In fairness, it is worth noting that parties that propose a very different approach to privatization simply did not gain a majority of votes in the elections. Even taking into account the rigging :) Sorry, this is how democracy works - decisions are made by the majority, and not by you personally.

imagine that you live in a village and you all invested in the construction of a water tower. and now you have water, you use it until some nouveau riche draws it up for himself and you already have to pay money for water to him. so we got our oligarchs
you yourself went to a free kindergarten, received free education and medicine. your wife got maternity leave with payments

Oh, I understand you now!
You are still morning the loss of the CCCP!
Don't worry, some of my kin is still extremely bitter about Trianon a 100 years later, so you've got some ways to go!

By the way, that water tower ... you sure you built that and not some oligarch before 1919 whom your predecessors murdered and stole it from?

The probability of this is very, very, very small. How many water towers in the US are 100 years old?
That was more of a "whatabout" kind of a comment in response to MrSanders's notion that he built it during the Soviet era and now some thug owns it and charges him for it.
But OK, so instead of the water tower, let's talk about who built the Winter Palace?

I always thought this was going to end up in a mess.
We won the cold war and what then?
Perhaps this done to Germany once in the past.
No excuse for what is happening now but it should have been expected.
National pride goes both ways.
Yes Bob, but let's not forget that Russia's fate after the fall of the CCCP was always in the hands of Russia.
Such things may not mean much to a piss poor nation with nothing to build with ( such as Afghanistan as an example), but there are precious few countries that can match the vast resources Russia is blessed with!
You say Germany? What about Germany? Look at them now! National pride is what got them to where they are now!
Russia had every single chance to do the same, though admittedly, did not have the how-to experience.
Neither did any of the former Soviet block countries and many are still learning from the mistakes made since 1990, but to say that we would've been better off with the status quo of the previous 40+ years is just nuts!

i'm a ukrainian native, also far from a putin fan, but proper reporting matters.

on a lighter note: lots of great gems in the video - "extremely high precision machines" LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOLOLOLOL
It did almost feel like a promo add a bit. This is the critical precision company the USA and Russian rely on…..

It did almost feel like a promo add a bit. This is the critical precision company the USA and Russian rely on…..

Don't forget, you can put a hunk of raw steel on the table and it can make artillery shells !

That's almost as good as the aluminum tubes into nukular bombs gig ... congrats to Haas, that's some pretty fine advanced tech they got there !

It was 2 million dollars worth of machines. That's almost nothing. The amount of time between the ban on Russia and the time the order happened is a couple months. When you are shipping stuff globally it can sit 2 months on the dock. I don't think there is any story here. 2 million dollars is like less than a days sales for haas

and the proof there shredding the russian docs!!!!

And I jest, couldn't resist the joke. Went on a factory tour a few days ago and I asked the gentleman that gave the tour about this. And I said I know your probably sick of hearing this and he goes no problem and explained it to me. Haas had 18 machines in process headed for Belarus and Russia that they ended. The other machines that had left their premise they had no legal ownership from. He said there 2 types of deliveries that 1-Haas owned the machine until it hit the customer floor and was approved and 2-once it rolled off the yard it was the customers. And all the machines going to russia owned by the hfo in europe russia. So unless the us government used its powers to stop those machines in transport what could Haas do?

Attachments

• haas_front.jpg
    haas_front.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
and the proof there shredding the russian docs!!!!

Haas had 18 machines in process headed for Belarus and Russia that they ended. The other machines that had left their premise they had no legal ownership from. He said there 2 types of deliveries that 1-Haas owned the machine until it hit the customer floor and was approved and 2-once it rolled off the yard it was the customers. And all the machines going to russia owned by the hfo in europe russia. So unless the us government used its powers to stop those machines in transport what could Haas do?
You know, we ( at least those of us who actually purchased Haas machines from an HFO ) prolly should have thought about this a bit.
When we place an order, we do it through the HFO.
HFO then places the order with Haas Automation.
After assembly, the machine is placed on a truck headed to either the HFO, or a destination designated by the HFO.
So as far as Haas Automation is concerned, we, the end users are virtually non existent! They don't know, nor care who we are, were we are or what we do with them.
We can't even call Haas for the activation code as that is the exclusive property of the HFO until they get paid.
The HFO pays Haas within 30 days, and the machine is most likely en route to wherever before the financial transaction completes.

I do not have a wife and children, and I am treated mainly for money (actually, like everyone else in Russia - if you did not know, we have insurance medicine) - but in general you are right
did you pay for your education? when you were a teenager did you pay for yourself in paying hospitals? your parents did not use all the things that I listed above? I think your parents also have a privatized apartment. you can be a good miller but absolutely zero in other matters. your typical survivor mistake

But OK, so instead of the water tower, let's talk about who built the Winter Palace?
it was created by slaves including. unlike you, we did not import them from abroad. Slaves were part of the Russians among the Russians. and I don’t feel sorry for what happened to the nobles during the revolution. besides, tsarist Russia was an agrarian country without education, medicine, without a developed industry

did you pay for your education? when you were a teenager did you pay for yourself in paying hospitals? your parents did not use all the things that I listed above? I think your parents also have a privatized apartment. you can be a good miller but absolutely zero in other matters. your typical survivor mistake

You and milling man are having two different conversations.

He is saying that corporations need to mind their own business and stay out of social, cultural and political affairs.

^^^ obviously this does not mean that corporations shouldn't have a responsibility to pay social security taxes or comply with the law.

In my opinion; it would mean that companies cannot use marketing campaigns to broadcast messages of social reform or prop up radical identity theory. It would also mean that corporations should not be pressured into ideological virtue compliance for not posting #Standwith(enter new outrage here) every other day.

If Haas received an export permit from the US government; then it is legal for them to ship machines, period. There is no "may be flouting export laws". The PBS article was designed to be a hit piece. It was ment to punish Haas for something that the woke virtuous mob did not like - even though Hass was operating within the law.

It sounds as if you are arguing against privatization of social services. Yes?

Well there you go, we are all saying the same thing lol.

Back