What's new
What's new

FS: Bore Mics and gauges

snowman

Diamond
Etalon 0.4 - 0.8 bore mics. These feel tight, and not a good tight. My guess is that they need oil. I can unscrew them very easily if I slide the thimble forward and take any pressure off the screw. If it's back, it feels like they bind a bit. $300 for the set with two setting rings and the extension. Last set sold on Ebay for $600. Shipping will be whatever a medium flat rate costs these days.

Moore and Wright bore gauges. These are similar to a telescoping gauge or a ball gauge. The screw expands two ball bearings allowing you to transfer the bore measurement to your micrometers. $110 shipped via small flate rate. These still seem to have the original crusty oil grease on them.

Pictures may take a sec.

Attachments

• image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    76 KB · Views: 63
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    82.1 KB · Views: 60
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    65.7 KB · Views: 66
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    65.3 KB · Views: 65
  • image0 (1).jpeg
    image0 (1).jpeg
    58.3 KB · Views: 66
Responded with more detailed pictures. Question was asked if they all feel similarly tight. No, only the second from largest one feels overly tight. When head is removed, it doesn't make a difference. Only thing that makes a difference is sliding the thimble forward which then allows the screw to turn with minimal resistance. Hence the reason I think this is a lubrication issue. To me, they barely look used...but the box says "tool room use only", so that should be how they appear.

I received the Etalons, they are very nice. Tight, as described, I opened them up already and added a drop of oil and they loosened up a lot, they're pretty smooth now. Thanks!

And received the M&W hole gages today. In new condition, with original lube, they all work smoothly. Good to have the capability to measure hole diameter accurately in the 1/8-1/4" range.

Thanks!

Back