What's new
What's new

VM10Ui "A" axis following error

August831

Plastic
My 2018 VM10Ui is giving me trouble. As the title suggests, it's throwing an "A" axis following error but only when making fast motions. However, if I keep the rapids below 80% I can usually get through without issue. I believe the break might be dragging a little. To verify, I tried turning the 6mm Allen on the back side of the trunnion(under the cover plate) when the air and machine are off. It turns but I'm not sure its as free as it should be... I measured about 20 inch pounds of resistance. Does that sound normal? Does someone out there have the same machine and could test? I tried putting some pneumatic tool oil down that air line in the hope that it might free things up... no luck yet.

There are some settings in Winmax that let you tune how much follow error there is , its set very tight as per factory and is usually a good indicator that something is not quite right if it has been able to perform like that in the past . We had a similar thing on one of our Z axis and we had to just increase the number a very small amount after checking the axis over and finding nothing serious, the machine has been fine for a couple of years now. I think your on the right track though , something could be dragging/ binding a little bit making things work harder to reach its target

There are some settings in Winmax that let you tune how much follow error there is , its set very tight as per factory and is usually a good indicator that something is not quite right if it has been able to perform like that in the past . We had a similar thing on one of our Z axis and we had to just increase the number a very small amount after checking the axis over and finding nothing serious, the machine has been fine for a couple of years now. I think your on the right track though , something could be dragging/ binding a little bit making things work harder to reach its target
Thanks. I appreciate you taking the time to reply. I'll keep that in mind for the future. I ended up writing a program that had the break open and close a bunch of times. My thinking was that it would help move more oil mist towards the break assembly faster. It seems to have made a difference as I'm able to run at 100% rapids now. During rapids I still see the load meter for the A axis hit 70% or so sometimes. I'm not sure it that is normal though as I didn't pay that close of attention before this whole this started.

Back