What's new
What's new

LPS PreSolve Orange Degreaser worth the price?

To doo what with ?
Snorting or drinking ?
Maybe as a breath freshener/mouthwash ?
Deodorant ?

I had remove some old, dried on LPS SP400, the thick waxy yellow cosmoline like stuff. None of the normal solvents or purple degreasers would touch it. I called LPS and they recommended PreSolve. It worked like a dream, spray it on and wipe the gunk off. Double check but I think it's safe on aluminum too. I did a whole Cincinnati 205-12 mill with a quart spray bottle so it goes a ways too. It's banned in NY so it has to be good! Bob

I had remove some old, dried on LPS SP400, the thick waxy yellow cosmoline like stuff. None of the normal solvents or purple degreasers would touch it. I called LPS and they recommended PreSolve. It worked like a dream, spray it on and wipe the gunk off. Double check but I think it's safe on aluminum too. I did a whole Cincinnati 205-12 mill with a quart spray bottle so it goes a ways too. It's banned in NY so it has to be good! Bob

I happened on a gallon can at the place I buy tools. It was marked $50 with a slash through it. The new price was $20. This was off to the side on some
tables that have been there for years. So they just wanted to get rid of it. I brought it home and the sticker had a rev label of 2006. Well, the price doubled
since 15 years ago. I also got a gallon of denatured alcohol (industrial blend 200 proof) for $10. Western Tool was good to me yesterday.

The spray bottles like at Home Depot and ones from a industrial place differ, says the guy at the industrial place. I do have those blue/yellow ones from
Home D that leak at the piston. I'm told that industrial bottle's pump area material is more resilient to chemicals. How would LPS affect a spray bottle?

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of all LPS products. Yes, it is expensive but it goes a long way, just as LPS 1, LPS 2 LPS 3 does as a corrosion inhibitor. There is no comparison with kerosene either.

It's an approved product for nyc transit aka mta. I couldn't find any info on it being banned?

From Grainger's web site "This item has been restricted from sale in the following states: California, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Delaware, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Utah".

MSC doesn't care if you get cancer. But at least you get a fair price up until the day of your funeral.

Grainger sticks it to you all the time. Live longer and screw you longer is good.

:drink:

On the subject about restricted sales in certain states. My observation, maybe it's true.

Ca. has more restrictions than mid-western states. More immigrants tend to folk to coastal zones.
Not my words on that. But from where I live I see it. Then district becomes democratic and so forth.
Now it's every year a paint formula changes because of proposition this or proposition that.
It's for my health I know. Immigrants who move half-way across the world are going to clean up
our shit, even if it kills us.

And if this PreSolve works about the same as GooGone then I just wear gloves and don't inhale.

Last edited:
Simple Green cleaner comes in $10. gallons and often works fairly good removing
dirty coolant with oil in it coated parts, need to change rag / wiper often, other wise
just rubbing part with dirty rag its just moving it around not wiping it off

Back