What's new
What's new

OT (but quite pertinent, I think) -- A New Idea Regarding Gun Control

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want an effective method to quickly subdue a school shooter? My suggestion would be a multi layer tactical response plan involving the use of CS gas and smoke grenades. Sure, it would suck for everyone but hey, it sure beats getting shot.
As you know the first thing a mass murder will do is shoot the security officer if one is around. My solution is to allow as many school employees who desire, the means to get a concealed carry permit, a firearm with training, all paid for. On top of that extra pay for carrying. It will be a different situation if the shooter is worried who maybe armed without their knowledge. That will definitely cut down on the carnage and might prevent a few of them all together.

Great, that's exactly what some people want to believe - some groups are inferior.
As a group some people are inferior, that is a solid fact. Whitey isn't #1 anymore. If a huge amount of them don't stop coddling their kids, whitey is going to drop further down the list.
Facts and statitics don't lie.

Waste of time worrying about or security in regards to gang violence, drug dealing, pimps and such unless you are part of the trade or a customer. Yeah, there are innocent bystanders who fall victim but the best defense is to not frequent the areas where security is sketchy. Ain't no one gonna clean up the inner cities unless it's with a nuclear weapon. I know, heartless bastard but the killing gangster stuff has been going on a 100 years or more---at least with "modern firepower"....."2122 North Clark Street, Chicago, Il. 2-14-1929.. Not quite 100 years but getting close."

2-14-1929 Those gangsters tried very hard not to kill innocent bystanders, the modern ones shoot up funerals. That is what I said, WTF is wrong with this software, it is the worst.

Because gang violence is a result of economic inequality, and poor education and the GOP wants to do nothing about it. Do you want to eliminate gang violence? Deal with the root causes.
Everything is about partisan politics with your kind. Trouble is, that rant of yours blithely ignores the fact that the most violent gang plagued cities are ones that have been run by Democrats for decades. And gang violence is more about fatherless homes than anything else, with no male role model and disciplinarian. Once a boy reaches his teen years it's hard for a woman to control him.

A single parent family is more prone to economic inequality compared to a two parent one regardless of race or economic background. And as for poor education, who controls those school systems? Democrats. Your rant is totally wrong on facts and is the usual excuse making done by Democrats who ALWAYS blame the other guy for problems of their own making.

The main thing under that law is that say Bushmaster or Rock River Arms can't be sued for a school shooting committed with their products. They still can be sued for the defective products though.
And what's wrong with that? Should Toyota be sued if someone deliberately runs people over with one of their vehicles? Should a cutlery manufacturer be liable for stabbings using one of there products.

The answer is of course not, and Congress passed that law after well-funded gun control advocates adopted civil suits as a tactic.

And what's wrong with that? Should Toyota be sued if someone deliberately runs people over with one of their vehicles? Should a cutlery manufacturer be liable for stabbings using one of there products.

The answer is of course not, and Congress passed that law after well-funded gun control advocates adopted civil suits as a tactic.

I only clarified the purpose/effect.

Must be you missed the part about "well regulated militia". Some folks only read what they want to read.
As you have just proven. Numerous scholars have written that the General Militia at the time the Constitution was written was considered to be all able-bodied men and in many places they were expected to supply their own arms and ammunition.

Furthermore, you, as do all gun control advocates, ignore the main body of the sentence that goes on to say "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed". That phrase "the right of the people" is exactly the same as in the first and fourth amendments.

Depend on where you look, and I never found the exact break downs I wanted, a few of them show the earning gap between Asians over Whites, to be similar to the earning gap between Whites and Blacks. Those sneaky Asians they are the true oppressors!

I found another one where they had a breakdown by country of immigrant household earnings. People from India were over $100k and in the lead. I should have bought a couple convenience stores when I had the money, rats! Live and learn.

Everything is about partisan politics with your kind. Trouble is, that rant of yours blithely ignores the fact that the most violent gang plagued cities are ones that have been run by Democrats for decades. And gang violence is more about fatherless homes than anything else, with no male role model and disciplinarian. Once a boy reaches his teen years it's hard for a woman to control him.

A single parent family is more prone to economic inequality compared to a two parent one regardless of race or economic background. And as for poor education, who controls those school systems? Democrats. Your rant is totally wrong on facts and is the usual excuse making done by Democrats who ALWAYS blame the other guy for problems of their own making.
Oh, really, smart guy? Then what causes gang violence?

War on Drugs is a federal and state affair. Cities effectively have to deal with the fallout of the socio-economic policies that Christian-inspired moral absolutists imposed nationwide. You also ignore the fact that gangs aren't just about teens misbehaving - they're players in the underground economy, driven by the socio-economic factors.

Can't we just tax the crap out of ammo? I don't think the bill of rights mentions a "right" to ammo, in my opinion. It becomes rather useless if it's too expensive to shoot.
Use the funds for mental health programs, and the like.
But yet that might be to sensible...
The supply chain of bullets maybe easier to regulate than gun themselves.
Your not threating to take away anything, just making it a pain in the ass.

Last edited:
Can't we just tax the crap out of ammo? I don't think the bill of rights mentions a "right" to ammo, in my opinion. It becomes rather useless if it's too expensive to shoot.
If you are making a couple grand and up a week slinging dope are you going to care if bullets cost $10 a piece? Your plan is just going to stop hunters and people who shoot for sport.

If you are making a couple grand and up a week slinging dope are you going to care if bullets cost $10 a piece? Your plan is just going to stop hunters and people who shoot for sport.
I am ok with that too, as in the hunting and for sport.
Don't underestimate making things inaccessible, A 4 hour drive and a wait in line to get bullets is rather good at curbing some peoples ambitions.
If you are deer hunting and putting more than 1 bullet in an animal, then maybe they are hunting for the wrong reason. Sport and hunting, do not require the same volume as some of these mass shootings.
Make it like going to the dmv.....

Last edited:

Courts generally don't like squirreling around their decisions. Excessive regulation of any integral component will get a smack down, as it interferes with the exercise of the right. Plus like it has been stated before, even if it were possible, it would impact the recreational shooters and not the murderers.

War on Drugs is a federal and state affair. Cities effectively have to deal with the fallout of the socio-economic policies that Christian-inspired moral absolutists imposed nationwide. You also ignore the fact that gangs aren't just about teens misbehaving - they're players in the underground economy, driven by the socio-economic factors.
If people like you just keep
I am ok with that too, as in the hunting and for sport.
Don't underestimate making things inaccessible, A 4 hour drive and a wait in line to get bullets is a rather good at curbing some peoples ambitions.
If you are deer hunting and putting more than 1 bullet in an animal, then maybe they are hunting for the wrong reason. Sport and hunting, do not require the same volume as some of these mass shootings.
What do you have against hunters? Are you a vegetarian? The only hunters I don't like are the ones who are trophy hunters. As long as they consume the kill, I have no problem with that. For the record I don't hunt. I let someone else kill the meat I eat.

Fighting over drug turf and when someone "disrespects" one of those losers. These people chose the easy money of slinging dope, instead of getting an education or learning a legal trade. They chose their plight.
I wonder what your take is on the Marshall Plan. And say current aid to Ukraine.

Courts generally don't like squirreling around their decisions. Excessive regulation of any integral component will get a smack down, as it interferes with the exercise of the right. Plus like it has been stated before, even if it were possible, it would impact the recreational shooters and not the murderers.
If people like you just keep

What do you have against hunters? Are you a vegetarian? The only hunters I don't like are the ones who are trophy hunters. As long as they consume the kill, I have no problem with that. For the record I don't hunt. I let someone else kill the meat I eat.
I'm not a big meat eater. I have an issue with those who bait, and it has caused a lot of problems in Wisconsin, with disease and such. Not all hunters have great morals, and yes it ruins it for everyone. Our Neighbors have unintentionally shot out windows in our house from their target practice. So yes, I have an issue with all of this.
And lets not forget that a decent amount of the population does not care about the recreational shooters, times change, get a new hobby.

And lets not forget that a decent amount of the population does not care about the recreational shooters, times change, get a new hobby.

The main point was making ammo ten times or hundred times more difficult/expensive to obtain will not have any effect on crime because less than 0.0001% of ammo currently in circulation is used for such unlawful purposes.

Some ten billion rounds of ammo are produced in the US per year. Additionally there are billions of rounds worth of reloading components and hundreds of millions of rounds imported from other countries.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back