What's new
What's new

VFD Fan on constantly while powered up

mmurray70

Stainless
Hi guys I have another little issue with a Hitachi L200 VFD that i recently installed on a manual lathe. The fan is on constantly while its powered up. I find this very annoying. Is this normal for some VFDs or is there something wrong with it? Id like to change this but I dont want to be switching the VFD on and off all the time as thats not good for them.

Is there a parameter to change this? If not can I hack into it and run the fan wires through the relay outputs and get it to start and stop that way?

went ahead and ran it through the relay and seems to work fine. even changed a parameter to get it to run for extra 60 seconds after stopping. Some of the other vfds i have work that way so figured it couldnt hurt.

Doesn't appear to be for my drive. One part of manual does seem to mention something about it, but nothing listed in parameters at all. Seems to be working well now as it is. Bit of a pain but had it all working the way i want in hour or so.

Some drives let you control it, some don’t. 60sec may not be long enough though, depending on the load on the drive when you stopped using it. Drives I’ve seen that allow the fan to turn off usually do so after 10 or 15 minutes.

Some drives let you control it, some don’t. 60sec may not be long enough though, depending on the load on the drive when you stopped using it. Drives I’ve seen that allow the fan to turn off usually do so after 10 or 15 minutes.
Thanks for the advice. ill change it to the maximum time allowed.

Back