What's new
What's new

Mitutoyo 12"&18" HDS Absolute Digimatic height gages & Starrett 12x8x2 granite plates

Dope

Cast Iron
Mitutoyo 12"&18" HDS Absolute Digimatic height gages & Starrett 12x8x2 granite plates

I have a whole bunch of 12" and 18" versions of these Mitutoyo HDS Absolute Digimatic height gages. Code 570-312 (Model HSD-H12"C) and 570-313 (Model HSD-H18"C). The plates are Starrett 12x8x2" pink granite, Inspection Grade A with one Toolroom Grade B, all have mounting holes for an indicator or height gage.

These height gages have all been tested for smooth articulation throughout the full range of motion. I have also tested measuring and repeatability against a gage block on a granite plate. They all include a carbide-tipped scribe. Some have holes for mounting to a surface plate, this will be noted in the individual item descriptions below. If shipping is desired, the height gages will be shipped in heavy-duty .175" wall cardboard tubes for protection. Dimensions are about 26"x6"x6" (15lbs) for the 12" models and 32"x9"x6" (20lbs) for the 18" models, if you want to calculate UPS Ground shipping charges from 46041. Granite plates can be shipped USPS flat rate medium for $16. If by chance I have missed something, and you are unhappy with your purchase, I will issue a full refund.

Message me your offers and/or if you need me to calculate shipping for you. Deals for multiple/all height gages and granite plates will also be considered.

Individual descriptions and prices:

12" models:
1-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $425
2-Chipped paint on the base, has mounting hole. $375
3-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $425
4-Minor chips in paint on base, has mounting hole. $400
5-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $425
6-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $425
7-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $425
8-Brand new, no mounting hole. $525
9-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $425
10-Chipped paint on the base, has mounting hole. There are some light pits/scratches at the top of the column (see last picture). This results in a sometimes glitched displayed readout for the last 2.5 inches of travel or so. As a result, this only works flawlessly as a 10" or so height gage. $250
11-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $425
12-Brand new, no mounting hole. $525
13-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $425
14-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $425
15-New but please note that there is an etching on the backside. This was still in the original plastic bag but it had been opened to do the etching. It was still sitting on the shelf, in the bag and had never been used from what I can tell. $500
16-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $425
17-Chipped paint on the base, has mounting hole. Display has a cloudy spot that doesn't affect viewing. See additional pictures. $350

18" models:
18-Chipped paint on the base, has mounting hole. $475
19-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $525
20-Nearly flawless condition, no mounting hole. $525
21-New but please note that there is an etching on the backside. This was still in the original plastic bag but it had been opened to do the etching. It was still sitting on the shelf, in the bag and had never been used from what I can tell. $625

12"x8"x2" granite plates:
1-Grade A with some chipped edges and a rough spot where inspection had been done previously. $80
2-Grade A with some chipped edges and a rough spot where inspection had been done previously. $80
3-Grade A with no chipped edges, rough spot where inspection had been done previously. $90
4-Grade A with no chipped edges, rough spot where inspection had been done previously. $90
5-Grade B with no chipped edges or roughness that I can see. Seems to be pretty much perfect. $120
6-Grade A with no chipped edges, rough spot where inspection had been done previously. $90
7-Grade A with one tiny chip on an edge and a lightly speckled worn area. $100

This photo album has multiple pictures of every height gage and granite plate. The number is written on the table next to the item, or it is noted in the description for the picture itself. Mitutoyo Height Gages and Starrett Granite Blocks - Album on Imgur I didn't want to spam 100+ pictures in this thread :D

Please feel free to contact me for more pictures, close-ups or even video of a specific item and I will provide it to you.

I'll periodically update this thread to keep things from getting too confusing.

12" models:
1-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $425
2-Chipped paint on the base, has mounting hole. $375
3-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $425
4-Minor chips in paint on base, has mounting hole. $400
5-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $425
6-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $425
7-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $425
8-Brand new, no mounting hole. $525
9-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $425
11-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $425
12-Brand new, no mounting hole. $525
13-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $425
14-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $425
15-New but please note that there is an etching on the backside. This was still in the original plastic bag but it had been opened to do the etching. It was still sitting on the shelf, in the bag and had never been used from what I can tell. $500
16-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $425
17-Chipped paint on the base, has mounting hole. Display has a cloudy spot that doesn't affect viewing. See additional pictures. $350

18" models:
18-Chipped paint on the base, has mounting hole. $475
21-New but please note that there is an etching on the backside. This was still in the original plastic bag but it had been opened to do the etching. It was still sitting on the shelf, in the bag and had never been used from what I can tell. $625

1-Grade A with some chipped edges and a rough spot where inspection had been done previously. $80
2-Grade A with some chipped edges and a rough spot where inspection had been done previously. $80

I have added four 12" gages and a 24" gage, plus four more granite plates. I have removed all the sold items and dropped all the unsold items by $25.

12" models:
1-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $400
2-Chipped paint on the base, has mounting hole. $350
3-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $400
4-Minor chips in paint on base, has mounting hole. $375
5-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $400
6-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $400
7-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $400
8-Brand new, no mounting hole. $500
9-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $400
11-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $400
12-Brand new, no mounting hole. $500
13-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $400
14-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $400
15-New but please note that there is an etching on the backside. This was still in the original plastic bag but it had been opened to do the etching. It was still sitting on the shelf, in the bag and had never been used from what I can tell. $475
16-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $400
17-Chipped paint on the base, has mounting hole. Display has a cloudy spot that doesn't affect viewing. See additional pictures. $325
22-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $400
23-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $400
24-Nearly flawless condition, two tiny chips in the corner of the reader head plastic, has mounting hole. $375
25-Lettering is faded on the plastic of the reader head, the very top of the track is also chewed up HOWEVER the reader head does not actually reach this point, so it does not affect the function. $375

18" models:
18-Chipped paint on the base, has mounting hole. $450
21-New but please note that there is an etching on the backside. This was still in the original plastic bag but it had been opened to do the etching. It was still sitting on the shelf, in the bag and had never been used from what I can tell. $600

24" model:
26-Scratches in the paint on the base, some on the plastic reader head as well. No mounting hole. $525

1-Grade A, with some chipped edges and a rough spot where inspection had been done previously. $75
8-Grade A, one rough edge with a single chip. Small rough spot where inspection had been done previously. $90
10-Grade A, nearly flawless, no signs of chips or roughness that I see. $110
11-Grade A, one corner is chipped. Small rough spot where inspection had been done previously. $100
12-Grade A, label fell off. One corner is chipped, and about 20-25% of the surface is scuffed/scratched in the corner. $90

This photo album has multiple pictures of every height gage and granite plate. The number is written on the table next to the item, or it is noted in the description for the picture itself. Mitutoyo Height Gages and Starrett Granite Blocks - Album on Imgur

Please feel free to contact me for more pictures, close-ups or even video of a specific item and I will provide it to you.

Latest update:

12" models:
1-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $400
3-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $400
4-Minor chips in paint on base, has mounting hole. $375
5-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $400
6-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $400
7-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $400
8-Brand new, no mounting hole. $500
9-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $400
11-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $400
12-Brand new, no mounting hole. $500
13-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $400
14-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $400
15-New but please note that there is an etching on the backside. This was still in the original plastic bag but it had been opened to do the etching. It was still sitting on the shelf, in the bag and had never been used from what I can tell. $475
16-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $400
17-Chipped paint on the base, has mounting hole. Display has a cloudy spot that doesn't affect viewing. See additional pictures. $325
22-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $400
23-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $400
24-Nearly flawless condition, two tiny chips in the corner of the reader head plastic, has mounting hole. $375
25-Lettering is faded on the plastic of the reader head, the very top of the track is also chewed up HOWEVER the reader head does not actually reach this point, so it does not affect the function. $375

18" models:
18-Chipped paint on the base, has mounting hole. $450
21-New but please note that there is an etching on the backside. This was still in the original plastic bag but it had been opened to do the etching. It was still sitting on the shelf, in the bag and had never been used from what I can tell. $600

24" model:
26-Scratches in the paint on the base, some on the plastic reader head as well. No mounting hole. $525

1-Grade A, with some chipped edges and a rough spot where inspection had been done previously. $75
11-Grade A, one corner is chipped. Small rough spot where inspection had been done previously. $100
12-Grade A, label fell off. One corner is chipped, and about 20-25% of the surface is scuffed/scratched in the corner. $90

This photo album has multiple pictures of every height gage and granite plate. The number is written on the table next to the item, or it is noted in the description for the picture itself. Mitutoyo Height Gages and Starrett Granite Blocks - Album on Imgur

Latest update, I've dropped all the prices of the remaining gages. All the granite plates are gone.

12" models:
1-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $375
3-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $375
4-Minor chips in paint on base, has mounting hole. $350
5-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $375
6-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $375
7-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $375
8-Brand new, no mounting hole. $475
9-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $375
11-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $375
12-Brand new, no mounting hole. $475
13-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $375
14-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $375
15-New but please note that there is an etching on the backside. This was still in the original plastic bag but it had been opened to do the etching. It was still sitting on the shelf, in the bag and had never been used from what I can tell. $450
16-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $375
17-Chipped paint on the base, has mounting hole. Display has a cloudy spot that doesn't affect viewing. See additional pictures. $300
22-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $375
23-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $375
24-Nearly flawless condition, two tiny chips in the corner of the reader head plastic, has mounting hole. $350
25-Lettering is faded on the plastic of the reader head, the very top of the track is also chewed up HOWEVER the reader head does not actually reach this point, so it does not affect the function. $350

18" models:
18-Chipped paint on the base, has mounting hole. $425
21-New but please note that there is an etching on the backside. This was still in the original plastic bag but it had been opened to do the etching. It was still sitting on the shelf, in the bag and had never been used from what I can tell. $575

24" model:
26-Scratches in the paint on the base, some on the plastic reader head as well. No mounting hole. $500

This photo album has multiple pictures of every height gage. The number is written on the table next to the item, or it is noted in the description for the picture itself. Mitutoyo Height Gages and Starrett Granite Blocks - Album on Imgur

Latest update, removing the sold items.

12" models:
3-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $375
4-Minor chips in paint on base, has mounting hole. $350
5-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $375
6-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $375
7-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $375
8-Brand new, no mounting hole. $475
9-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $375
11-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $375
12-Brand new, no mounting hole. $475
13-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $375
14-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $375
15-New but please note that there is an etching on the backside. This was still in the original plastic bag but it had been opened to do the etching. It was still sitting on the shelf, in the bag and had never been used from what I can tell. $450
16-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $375
22-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $375
23-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $375
24-Nearly flawless condition, two tiny chips in the corner of the reader head plastic, has mounting hole. $350
25-Lettering is faded on the plastic of the reader head, the very top of the track is also chewed up HOWEVER the reader head does not actually reach this point, so it does not affect the function. $350

18" models:
18-Chipped paint on the base, has mounting hole. $425
21-New but please note that there is an etching on the backside. This was still in the original plastic bag but it had been opened to do the etching. It was still sitting on the shelf, in the bag and had never been used from what I can tell. $575

This photo album has multiple pictures of every height gage. The number is written on the table next to the item, or it is noted in the description for the picture itself. Mitutoyo Height Gages and Starrett Granite Blocks - Album on Imgur

Latest update, removing the sold items and lowered prices of everything remaining.

Individual descriptions and prices:

12" models:
1-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $350
3-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $350
4-Minor chips in paint on base, has mounting hole. $325
5-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $350
6-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $350
7-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $350
8-Brand new, no mounting hole. $400
9-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $350
11-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $350
12-Brand new, no mounting hole. $400
13-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $350
14-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $350
15-New but please note that there is an etching on the backside. This was still in the original plastic bag but it had been opened to do the etching. It was still sitting on the shelf, in the bag and had never been used from what I can tell. $375
16-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $350
22-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $350
23-Nearly flawless condition, has mounting hole. $350
25-Lettering is faded on the plastic of the reader head, the very top of the track is also chewed up HOWEVER the reader head does not actually reach this point, so it does not affect the function. $325

This photo album has multiple pictures of every height gage. The number is written on the table next to the item, or it is noted in the description for the picture itself. Mitutoyo Height Gages and Starrett Granite Blocks - Album on Imgur You may have to cut and paste this link into your browser to see it.

Sorry, unfortunately all of these have sold. If I ever get in a new batch I'll make a new thread for it.

Back