What's new
What's new

Calling Locknut again.

alphonso

Titanium
New (to me) Doosan 400lc, 21i-tb control. Dealer evidently had all covers and shields removed for pretty thorough cleaning and repaint. Piss poor re-assembly. Lost all but two of the plastic guide blocks for splash shields and it appears that two segments were replaced with pieces that don't quite match up. Lost the coolant pump and mounting plate. Has not been forthcoming with Doosan manuals.

Ordered manuals thru Ellison in Houston(I think, hard to tell where people I have talked to are), which will take 3 or 4 weeks. Lady I have been corresponding with says they have found the parameters for the machine and sent them to me. A .dgn and .par file. Guessing the .dgn is diagnostics and .par is parameters.
Tried to open them with a variety of text editors and only get gibberish. She then sent me a .pdf that won't open. Aren't diagnostics and parameters just man-readable text files? Any help in getting something readable would be greatly appreciated.
There are 3 loose cables at the outboard end of the machine. Figured out that one is for the chip conveyor, one is for the coolant motor, and one is for ??? - has 9 wires. Bulkhead connector is labeled WC61. What might this be for?

Serial number: P35L1940
Electric: PM35H68BA06
DSCF1278.JPG
Thanks in advance.

Alphonso,
I received the same files that you received. I was able to open them in CIMCO Edit. They look intact. But, for some reason, I was not able to respond to your email. Something in our system did not like your email address so I could not email them to you. Either try using the 2 files you received or email me from a different email address.
I'm glad to help.

Paul

Weird. On this machine, see pic above, WC05 goes to chip conveyor control and WC41 goes to coolant pump. Traced both of these circuits back to relays and breakers.

Paul, sent you files from my throwaway email.

There must be something fucked up with my computers. Same gibberish with the files you sent me.
I just emailed you 2 PDF's that I converted from the original files. I was able to open them and they look good. Let me know what happens. I added them here too. When did PM allow uploading PDF's?

Attachments

• P35L1940DGN.PDF
    599 KB · Views: 10
  • P35L1940PAR.PDF
    454.6 KB · Views: 4
I opened the PDF and they look fine. Most likely a font issue. I had a customer send me a file and it was gibberish. Long story short, I had to load a particular font to view it, couldnt just open in a different font.....stupid bs.....

I opened the PDF and they look fine. Most likely a font issue. I had a customer send me a file and it was gibberish. Long story short, I had to load a particular font to view it, couldnt just open in a different font.....stupid bs.....
This could be part of the issue. I get files from Korea all the time and it could be hit or miss since they use their own fonts over there that don't translate well.

Finally getting to the point of trying to operate this machine.

Several questions.
Is the skimmer circuit controllable? Manual seems to be mum on that. Don't see any switches labeled for it.
Precautions at first part of manuals says to never double chuck. Chuck in a chuck? or front and rear chucks on spindle?

Finally getting to the point of trying to operate this machine.

Several questions.
Is the skimmer circuit controllable? Manual seems to be mum on that. Don't see any switches labeled for it.
Precautions at first part of manuals says to never double chuck. Chuck in a chuck? or front and rear chucks on spindle?

I think by "doublechuck" they mean don't try to hold two blanks in chuck jaws at once. Like if you tried to stack a bunch of 1/4" plate blanks and drill/bore a hole through the center of all of them at once.

Back