What's new
What's new

Ikegai A20 metal lathe - 20” x 60” - Newark, Ohio - $3500 (INCH/METRIC/MODULE Threading)

Any chance you could measure total footprint of the lathe?
What is the spindle bore size?
And total weight of the lathe?
Oh, and voltage? 230V or?

Thanks for any answers and help!

I’m going to see if I could get it shipped on the same truck (never unloaded/reloaded until arrival) for less than $2,000.

Lathe is still around. I would take 3500 if someone is interested

I'm amazed that the lathe is still availible.

In SoCal the most worthless POS are listed for more then that and sell too.

If I was closer I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I guess the downside is it's not the ideal hobby/garage size machine. And there's not many people left who know how to use a lathe that size anymore.

I'm amazed that the lathe is still availible.

In SoCal the most worthless POS are listed for more then that and sell too.

If I was closer I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I guess the downside is it's not the ideal hobby/garage size machine. And there's not many people left who know how to use a lathe that size anymore.
I am quite surprised as well. Any less than $3500 and I’ll just keep it. Such and amazing machine. My guess is not hobby size and most people don’t know about Ikegai.

Any chance you could measure total footprint of the lathe?
What is the spindle bore size?
And total weight of the lathe?
Oh, and voltage? 230V or?

Thanks for any answers and help!

I’m going to see if I could get it shipped on the same truck (never unloaded/reloaded until arrival) for less than $2,000.
Footprint 40x128
Pretty sure 220v
Weight around 6000-6500
Spindle bore 1.82” probably 1.75 stock

I am quite surprised as well. Any less than $3500 and I’ll just keep it. Such and amazing machine. My guess is not hobby size and most people don’t know about Ikegai.

If I were you I'd keep it. Maybe it's a little large, but one day you'll need to cut a long part. I have a hardinge HLV and a Graziano SAG14, despite most of my parts are small the SA14 get's used 90% of the time. Except for thread cutting, where the HLV comes into it's own.

The only reason I could see to selling a lathe like that is if you didn't have the amps availible.

More questions:
On lathes.co.uk their description (unless I'm misunderstanding) makes it sound like the ball screw does both threading and feeds???? Videos I've seen of this same model show a feed rod, the ball screw and the lower rod (reverse or spindle on/off) like a normal lathe . Just making sure; the ball screw is just for threading, right? If it isn't too much to ask, maybe you could show a pic with the sheetmetal removed so I can see the lead screw, feed rod, etc?

I also wondered about the oiling system. I always have to refurbish those; just wondering if it looks like it was working recently.

Also, any knowledge of damaged gears, casting cracks or noisy spindle bearings?

Thanks again.

More questions:
On lathes.co.uk their description (unless I'm misunderstanding) makes it sound like the ball screw does both threading and feeds???? Videos I've seen of this same model show a feed rod, the ball screw and the lower rod (reverse or spindle on/off) like a normal lathe . Just making sure; the ball screw is just for threading, right? If it isn't too much to ask, maybe you could show a pic with the sheetmetal removed so I can see the lead screw, feed rod, etc?

I also wondered about the oiling system. I always have to refurbish those; just wondering if it looks like it was working recently.

Thanks again.
No knowledge of any issues except one of the handles is broken with a previous weld. Easy fix just haven't gotten to it. Just the straight metal handle not a cast one. Lathe was in use when the owner died. I am fairly certain the ball screw is just for the feeds. I will take the cover off and show you when I am at the shop later today, I will also show the handle. Unsure about the oiling system.

Shoot me a text/call at 740-nine seven too-two114

More questions:

Thanks again.
Totally forgot to take more pictures at the shop on Friday. I might be by the shop today but if not today tomorrow for sure.

I can't believe this machine hasn't sold. I know shipping cost are high, but still. Thanks Jason

I would love to have it but I have a lot of stuff that need to happen first. I maybe interested in it in the future but I hope it sells for alcro's sake.

I am surprised it is still around as well. Hell of a lathe for 3500 like I said before. I rather put part of the money into the 1000ee though instead of keeping this one. And all my other projects haha

If I had to guess I'd say it's a combination of no quickchange toolpost, a big swing for a hobby shop, a short bed for a real shop and it's a bit of an orphan even though Ickyguy is a top builder.

More questions:

Thanks again.
I have forgotten both Monday and Tuesday while at the shop to take pictures 🤦‍♂️. I will try harder tomorrow. Once again give me a call, text or PM if you are really interested! Thanks

Back