What's new
What's new

What grease do yall use on your ballscrews?

rk9268vc

Aluminum
What kind of grease do yall use on your ballscrews?
Mine have zerk fittings on them, but I dont know what kind of grease to use, but I feel like I should be using something.

should be in the manual
Edit: If you don't have one I'll tell you like and old machine tool mechanic told me once "Absolutely anything is better than absolutely nothing"

No doesnt fit a normal grease gun. My VMC doesn't use fittings on the screws. I used it when the ballnuts were taken apart and cleaned.
It is a very fine grade of grease, once lubed the screws became very quiet on the machine.

No doesnt fit a normal grease gun. My VMC doesn't use fittings on the screws. I used it when the ballnuts were taken apart and cleaned.
It is a very fine grade of grease, once lubed the screws became very quiet on the machine.
What kind of grease gun did you use then? I havent ever seen a grease tube that looks like that before. thanks

Didn't use a gun.....this is just a fancy way to package the grease.
Now my VMC has "sealed" ball nuts. Unless they are taken apart you cannot inject any new/fresh grease. I had mine apart.
Better do some research and find out the right stuff.....too thick and the balls wont roll and you will ruin your screws. Also, too much grease will have the same effect.

Didn't use a gun.....this is just a fancy way to package the grease.
Now my VMC has "sealed" ball nuts. Unless they are taken apart you cannot inject any new/fresh grease. I had mine apart.
Better do some research and find out the right stuff.....too thick and the balls wont roll and you will ruin your screws. Also, too much grease will have the same effect.
These double ball nuts have zerk fittings on them, I intend to just use that. It is just a M6 threaded hole, Im planning on running some 4mm tubing to it with a banjo fitting so i can grease it somewhat frequently without tearing everything apart. The Y axis ballscrew is especially buried on this mill.

What kind of grease do yall use on your ballscrews?
Mine have zerk fittings on them, but I dont know what kind of grease to use, but I feel like I should be using something.
Kyodo Yushi LRL3. Use it on all of our CNC ways and ballscrews. Makino,Brother and Okumas. It won't harden in the lines like some other greas.

Back