What's new
N

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Nick,
    I have lost all of what I wrote...

Ever see a cutter like this in 1960 or 1961 ??

I made one then,

There;s a premuim cutter maker in Germany , any idea what the name is?...I cant remember... I saw one of their cutters in 1966 or 67... Maybe I was first, maybe not...

MSC Item Detail

Thanks
    Gary
    Hi Nick
    I see your in Germany, maybe you could help me with a little thing that has been nagging me for close to 50 years....

First thing, it would be helpfull to me to know your age... If you've been in machine shop work or know anyone that was involved in cutters in the early 1960's it will be a lot easier...

Here's the details.....
    I was an apprentice at Cincinnati Milling Machine Co starting in 1959... Durring the training one of the jobs was running a big horizontal mill and cutting with a endmill aprox 2 inchs Dia and 4 inches of flute length... Milling with this created very long spiral chips that were just a royal pain to remove from the table and dispose of. So I took the cutter over to the Tool Grinding area of the apprentice shop and asked the instructor if I could use one of the grinders...He said ok since I had allready been through that department and knew what I was doing...

See next message, they only allow 1000 characters... and I guess I'm loong winded
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back