What's new
What's new

0t---hot metal men

FWIW I worked with a guy that used to work at Armco Butler (pa) and tapped the open hearth furnaces (in the 1950's) he said when that river of molten steel started running, you cannot fathom the heat.
He said it takes your breath away.
Speaking of Iverson, that book about Nucor is good ... the company part is kind of rah-rah propaganda but the descriptions of the process are better than great, if you're a shop rat :)

American Steel – Richard Preston

They can't fill the $15 positions watching burgers come off a conveyer, they will never find anyone to show up for that, you not only have to do stuff, you had better do it just about right and at exactly the right time.

They can't fill the $15 positions watching burgers come off a conveyer, they will never find anyone to show up for that, you not only have to do stuff, you had better do it just about right and at exactly the right time.

It's time to add a cost of living tax to property owners.

The money taken in can go to paying the rent and house loans for anyone making less than $100,000 a year.

There also needs to be a capital gains tax on property sold and transferred at death.

Young people don't stand a chance without it.

The money taken in can go to paying the rent and house loans for anyone making less than $100,000 a year.

There also needs to be a capital gains tax on property sold and transferred at death.

I would think we should tax the people who raised these young folks that cannot fend for themselves and a tax break for the rest.

The American Steel book is great! One of my favorites. Its about getting it done! The personalities that it takes! Not super technical but an enjoyable read.

Yup, more taxes is what it is going to take.....and take.....and take....:ack2:

why don't you put your money in voluntarily ? instead of making the hoovernmint take it by force from all of us, because of your stupid beliefs ?

Back