What's new
What's new

0t--Russian riggers

I did, but I am not getting anything to do with rigging.

I've seen the video now through the link jccaclimber posted.
That’s because it starts at 5:26 or 5:27, not at 5:15. I had the advantage of already knowing the video when I fast scrolled through it.

I don't recognize the brand but it's a bridge type machining center.

HIllyer built them in the US, Mazak built a few, really common in china and I've seen them in korea, don't know about japan. I have no idea why the crappier c-frame style is so universal in the US ...

newhillyer.jpg

But $300,000 the guy is blowing smoke or he's an idiot, the one behind her looks bigger and it's not even a hundred grand. The small ones are maybe 30% less than a Haas of similar size ?

They are idjits
Bar through a hole with nothing to keep the sling from sliding off the end.
Wrong pickup point
wrong setup

end of the sling didnt fit through the hole, so grab this pipe

not international news.........

Russian riggers are good enough to steal over 4 million dollars worth of new farm equipment from one! John Deere dealer in Ukraine. John Deere turned off the computer controlled equipment remotely once they knew about it.
Ukraine's tax agency has officially declared any russian military equipment confiscated by citizens is considered a gift and need not be reported for taxes.
Bill D

Trying to stand it up can also explain why they used the round bar, the bar would turn in the hole as the part was raised where a strap in the hole might get cut.
If the strap truly was a light weight strap it was not their intention to put the entire weight of the part on the strap. I hope they have learned to not use rigging that cant handle the entire load.
It did not break the strap until all the weight was swinging on that strap, supporting the light weight sling theory.
Here is a link to some endless slings/colors:

Back