What's new
What's new

1021 ATC Counter Alarm

mitty38382

Hot Rolled
Running along just fine and finishing the part cycle and up pops a slew of alarms:eek:.

1018 Mag. Orient Alarm
1021 ATC Counter Alarm

So I put the system in handle and cycle the ATC through a couple of positions and it shakes off the 1018 Mag Orient Alarm.

The 1021 ATC Counter Alarm is still there - manual for ATC is no help as they don't even discuss alarm codes. :reading: So back into handle and jog and in each position I enable the ATC and move it with the switch over ride on the side hoping that indexing it might clear it.:willy_nilly:

I also notice that the last tool - a 3/8-16 Tap is still in the spindle and it was suppose to be cleared out as the last call in the program, when it called M6T0 and moves the table forward for part removal and reload.:ack2:

Unload the tap so nothing bad happens cause we all know that when you least expect it :hitsthefan: and then ya get it all over yourself.

Shutdown and reboot system and still nothing so now I suspect something not software, maybe a sensor being blocked.

So now I sit with a call in to the Tech and parts to run and sitting on hands instead of doing :mad5:

Frank S. in Tennessee

P.S. Isn't the price of scrap Aluminum crazy $.85 / lb clean. My last buy of bar stock was 2.40/lb regardless of size.
Included picture of some parts

Attachments

• Shop 051-TP.jpg
    Shop 051-TP.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 495
I also tried to get to the bottom of my program so I could try and rerun the last few lines of code and no go. Alarm trip prevents edit of code or moving to that line to rerun.

Got it!

Well I called the Tech this morning and it seems that there is no easy way around it :willy_nilly: other than popping the tools out of the changer and re-stacking the tool order back to the original list:(. Don't ya gist love random Tool Changers.:angry:

So a quick reset of the Tool Changer data to sequential numbers and call and insert in order and just to make sure every thing is hunky dorry, :reading:I'll recheck the Z. Well I had nothing better to do with my morning, other than make parts.:bawling:

Seems that Todd (the Tech) thinks that its the RPC wide leg that may have thrown off the system with too high a voltage. I think that I will have to invest in a Phase Perfect Digital Phase Converter as soon as I make some ca-ching.:skep:

Slaving away

Frank S. in Tennessee

Well I called the Tech this morning and it seems that there is no easy way around it :willy_nilly: other than popping the tools out of the changer and re-stacking the tool order back to the original list:(. Don't ya gist love random Tool Changers.:angry:

So a quick reset of the Tool Changer data to sequential numbers and call and insert in order and just to make sure every thing is hunky dorry, :reading:I'll recheck the Z. Well I had nothing better to do with my morning, other than make parts.:bawling:

Seems that Todd (the Tech) thinks that its the RPC wide leg that may have thrown off the system with too high a voltage. I think that I will have to invest in a Phase Perfect Digital Phase Converter as soon as I make some ca-ching.:skep:

Slaving away

Frank S. in Tennessee

The alarm codes are MTB, not Fanuc. Litz should have a list (and give it to you) of the codes.

The magazine orient code suggests that a sensor in the magazine did not read right or something in the magazine did not stop at the right place. I had a problem with this on a VMC where the motor brake was slipping, so the driving mechanisim didn't stop correctly.

The ATC counter alarm could be caused by the orient problem. There should be a table in the system tables that tells you what tool pot is in position to swap (from the last tool change). Say the last toolchange put tool 8 (from the spindle) in pot 5, pot 5 should be in position to swap. if the table says pot 5, you're alright. If it says another pot is in position, you have problem. The fix is easy enough, highlight the entry and change it to agree with the pot that is in position. Another table lists what tools are in which pot.

On my 18MC's the pot position is found at: sytem/pmc/pmcprm/countr/ the first line lists prest(tool in pot) and current. "Current" should agree with pot in position. This is the value to change.

Tools in pots is found at:
system/pmc/pmcprm/data/gdata/pages 2,3,4. The first line on page 2 should tell you what tool is in the spindle.

This a little easier than pulling 32 tools out and putting them back in, especially since you have to climb into the machine to do it.

And yes, I do prefer ramdom tool changers. Much faster, and really more reliable.

Last edited:
If you're a tinkerer and aren't afraid of electricity, you can jockey capacitors in & out of your RPC to get better votage balance between the phases. Should be able to tweak within 2 volts on each leg. Surplus Center is a good source of caps. Sadly there is no cut & dry method of choosing the right ones, you kinda need an assortment and a bunch of jumper leads and due care so you don't end up laying extra crispy next to your RPC.

On another note, locate the sensors in the machine so you know where they are and can check & clear them of any chips, coolant goo etc.

Question, is the Litz box way or linear?

Back