What's new
What's new

10ee Collet Closer Information/Picture Request

nobrakese28

Cast Iron
Hello, I just picked up a complete factory Monarch collet closer for my 10ee. Upon inspecting the unit to understand how it functions, I believe the unit may be missing a piece of key stock or a pin of some kind. I was hoping someone could post some pictures of there unit, I tried searching and many of the photos are of Royal/JFK/Etc.

Questions:

In the first photo, the "cam holding plate" (inside the "tension adjusting collar") has a square feature. Should a piece of key stock be in there? If so does it engage with the collet closer gear? How is the key stock retained?

It appears the "tension adjustment collar" has been repaired several times in the past. Am I correct to assume that the cam holding plate should be fixed to the "tension adjustment collar" tube? There is currently one pin keeping the two items mated, it looks like there may have been two at some point and hole was wallered out during a repair.

I don't know the exact names of the parts here, but the "cam holding plate" is pressed onto the 5c threaded tube (fixed). The "tension adjustment collar" is then pinned to the "cam holding plate".

I think it may be best for me to remake the collar, so photos of a non-damaged collar would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Marco

Attachments

• IMG_7610.jpg
    IMG_7610.jpg
    440.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_7611.jpg
    IMG_7611.jpg
    405.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_7612.jpg
    IMG_7612.jpg
    395.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7613.jpg
    IMG_7613.jpg
    348.3 KB · Views: 29
Questions:

In the first photo, the "cam holding plate" (inside the "tension adjusting collar") has a square feature. Should a piece of key stock be in there? If so does it engage with the collet closer gear? How is the key stock retained?
There is a square key that fits in that square hole, but I can't remember how it is retrained. It does engage the collet closer gear, which prevents the assembly from rotating with respect to the spindle. The gear has a roll pin that engages a hole in the spanner nut at the end of the spindle.

Here's Harry's posts about the closer:

Back