What's new
What's new

10EE Headstock Lubrication

thermite

Diamond
For those asking about the control unit. It is a Reliance Min Pak VS drive. See pics below. I have found I can run it on single phase 220, and changed the plug to do so. Much more convenient.
View attachment 365420View attachment 365421
Thanks,
Chris

Thanks, Chis,

But the pic links are not working at present.

==
UPDATE: Mea Culpa. Forgot I have ALL graphics switched OFF in the browser I have set aside to use for PM ONLY....so as to make the new layout less offensive.. I can go and use a different browser..
==

I only recently started "acquiring" 3-Phase DC Drives for the next round of bench testing. I tend to make a few tests .. and a lot of excuses.. given there are plenty of OTHER, younger, folk to make "chips"!

If it isn't inconvenient, please post (or email me) the specific model/revision.
Reliance put a LOT of goods under a(ny) given product-line/"brand" over the span of the VS drive years.

Update:

Never mind.. looked at the pics. This is a REALLY OLD unit! Suggest you simply "run what you got" until it s**ts the bed, then replace, do not repair.

Bill

Last edited:

Torquin

Aluminum
Well, so far I have realized that all of the controls were originally on the box at the back of the machine, and someone made the "remote" control box on the front of the machine. Makes sense, since one wants convenient access to the controls. It has a jog feature that does not work. I have not looked into that yet.
I have just added a digital tachometer to it. I am using the mounting holes for the index pin safety switch since that was eliminated by the VS drive.
Another question, should the feed screw still turn when in threading mode? With this lathe, when I move the three levers and the dial to threading, the feed screw still turns, in addition to the lead screw. I find that odd.
Still learning the controls on this unit. Much different from my 14.

Thanks,
Chris