What's new
What's new

12"x61" sine plate for a large milling machine or surface grinder

Dope

Cast Iron
This is easily the biggest sine plate I have ever seen in my career. It is 61" wide and 12" deep and about 6.5" tall (top plate is roughly 4" thick and bottom is roughly 2.5" thick). Weight is estimated in the 1100-1200lbs range. It is covered in M16 threaded holes on all surfaces for work holding options.

This appears to be an unbranded shop-made sine plate and it seems to be constructed of non-heat treated tool steel. It has no damage or milling marks at all, just some scratches on the surface from normal use.

No shipping, this is pickup-only. I have a forklift and I can load this on your truck or trailer. I have priced this at the estimated raw material price alone - $3000. This is an incredible deal for someone with a milling machine or surface grinder large enough to use it. Make me an offer.

7Fqgf1Y.jpg

x4AX7WV.jpg

avYa8Y7.jpg

RQW7Ip5.jpg

Location is 46041.

Dope

Last edited:
Cool!
That would look good on my planer.
Except i have no lifting equipment and nearing 70, my back is starting to protest when it sees big work.

sigh.

Good on you for trying to save it.
On a smaller scale, i've been trying to re-balance the world's spin by finding chuck owner for orphan jaws & such.
Mostly the world just yawns. It's a thankless task. :)

smt

I had a beautifully made grinding vise about the size of that sine plate. Made from a couple massive chunks of 8620. Everything ground to perfection by an old school German toolmaker.

After never using it and tiring of moving it around I eventually found it a home and got $100 for it.

I can't seem to edit the original post, but I'm dropping the price from $3000 to $2000.

Dope

Price dropped to $1000. Shop Cat not included. Banana not included either, but I do have some apples.

If you keep the same pattern, dropping the price $1000/ month I think I'll buy it in late August if it hasn't found a home yet.

Price dropped to $1000. Shop Cat not included. Banana not included either, but I do have some apples.

There's a PM member who goes by the name Cash , It's possible he might be interested. He grinds big stuff

If you keep the same pattern, dropping the price $1000/ month I think I'll buy it in late August if it hasn't found a home yet.

It's just sitting around my shop taking up room. I was going to make a big fixture plate out of it but ended up finding something that fit my needs better.

Besides, why not wait till September when I pay you $1000 to take it away? :D

It's just sitting around my shop taking up room. I was going to make a big fixture plate out of it but ended up finding something that fit my needs better.

Besides, why not wait till September when I pay you $1000 to take it away? :D

As soon as you sell it you're going to need a giant sine plate bolted to that fixture. That's how it works.

As soon as you sell it you're going to need a giant sine plate bolted to that fixture. That's how it works.

I totally agree, but I managed to find a 24"x48" sine plate that will fit my needs better LOL

Back