What's new
What's new

1935 round dial 10EE

Tuttle11256

Plastic
Hello My name is Rob and i have just bought a monarch 10EE round dial i did not get a manual so i am wondering by the round dial on the machine there are three levers one on the right middle and left and i am wondering what the lever on the right does i am sorry for the stupid question but i am 16 in a tech school and need more education

Rob, if it is a 1930's machine, then the manual is a bit different.

At any rate, the lever on the right of the round dial is used to change the machine from threading to feed or vice versa. The big knob above the round dial also has to be set to a corresponding location (thread left, thread right or feed).

That lever on the right doesn't always want to move to its correct position. To shift a round dial often requires some turning of the spindle by hand, and sometimes a bit of turning of the feed rod or the leadscrew by hand, to get the gears to mesh. Once you have used it a while it becomes second nature.

-Dave

Lathe

Hello My name is Rob and i have just bought a monarch 10EE round dial i did not get a manual so i am wondering by the round dial on the machine there are three levers one on the right middle and left and i am wondering what the lever on the right does i am sorry for the stupid question but i am 16 in a tech school and need more education

Rob
I think it’s great you are interested in this field at your age. Good for you. I understand you are a newbie to machine work but possibly you (or one of your friends) are computer literate. If you read about posting here, you can use a service such as photo shop to post your photos for free. If we can see photos, we can help you with whatever you need.
I have one of the very earliest Monarch 10ee which has a build date of Dec,1939. The machine you are looking at predates the Monarch 10ee, but it could be a very fine, sophisticated machine. Best of luck in your career path

Jim

Rob
I think it’s great you are interested in this field at your age. Good for you. I understand you are a newbie to machine work but possibly you (or one of your friends) are computer literate. If you read about posting here, you can use a service such as photo shop to post your photos for free. If we can see photos, we can help you with whatever you need.
I have one of the very earliest Monarch 10ee which has a build date of Dec,1939. The machine you are looking at predates the Monarch 10ee, but it could be a very fine, sophisticated machine. Best of luck in your career path

Jim

13 year old thread, op hasn't been here in 11 years........

Kevin

Back