What's new
What's new

1950’s Clark vin decode

Tom_cat12

Plastic
Hi there, just purchased a wreck of a machine and have been unable to verify model and year for manuals. Called Clark and they said it could be a clipper from 1952-1960. I have a serial number of CE-204KQ99 and it has a two speed trans with a y112 gas engine. Clutch is toast along with trans as water has got into it. Surprising enough this hasn’t stopped me from wanting to restore this time piece.
Pictures attached. Any info would be great.

Attachments

• BAACE079-4E79-42F2-AE0A-8314EF9F1DCA.jpg
    BAACE079-4E79-42F2-AE0A-8314EF9F1DCA.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 38
Used to be popular to pull the mast off these and put it on a tractor for farm use..........i would know where there are half a dozen,just sitting ....Clark must have made a million of them.

Just heard back from JH Ryder machinery which is a dealer for Clark on the east coast they said it was a 1955 model. They couldn’t give me any more info yet but said they would upload the manual and parts list online within a couple weeks. I found a manual for a 1955 utilitruck
, could that be it?

These little forks all have a single plate dry clutch,same as a 1950s truck......new plate easily findable,and a tranny that is f+r ,coupled to a hi /lo tranny simple gears changed with two sticks .....if the gears are rusty,wont hurt ,they will still work......maybe you need new bearings......most problematic part would be the steering box......but any machinist could fix it,or work out eomething else.

Hi there, just purchased a wreck of a machine and have been unable to verify model and year for manuals. Called Clark and they said it could be a clipper from 1952-1960. I have a serial number of CE-204KQ99 and it has a two speed trans with a y112 gas engine. Clutch is toast along with trans as water has got into it. Surprising enough this hasn’t stopped me from wanting to restore this time piece.
Pictures attached. Any info would be great.
Hi, Open the top cover and inspect the gears that slide to see if the teeth are all there and not worn away to nothing,
If all look usable, your only talking about seals and bearings, otherwise, good to go! Nothing that precision in the tranny!

Back