What's new
What's new

1957 10ee parts/machine for sale!

Did the manufacturing model 10ee's have a two piece upper headstock cover, I seem to recall some variant of the upper cover, possibly for a pneumatic collet closer mechanism?

The casting number is EE-3436.....

View attachment 345341

Found another post that may clear some of this up?

10EE Manufacturing/Turret Lathe

View attachment 345342

Kevin
The two-piece cover shown in the second photo isn't exclusive to manufacturing machines. AFIK, all 10EEs with the Monarch factory installed collet closers had that type of cover, although most are manually operated and don't have the pad for the pneumatic cylinder. My '43 round-dial toolroom lathe has a two-piece cover, although the lower/middle cover on square-dials is different.

However swatkins said that his cover looks like yours but was split vertically, at the spindle. I've never seen one like that. Perhaps it's a special order?

swatkins, See if you can find a number (or part of one) in the location shown in Kevin's photo.

Cal

Last edited:
I will tell you that straight from Monarch ...yes I've been talking to them lately about this cover. The original round dial machines like mine. Early 12" model won't fit it's 1/2 shorter and they said there are 4 different curves to it that are different. I'm still looking myself and just about to post a WTB for one for mine. My Part number is EE-1001 for the original round dial. Also anyone that has it to sell pm me. :)

I will tell you that straight from Monarch ...yes I've been talking to them lately about this cover. The original round dial machines like mine. Early 12" model won't fit it's 1/2 shorter and they said there are 4 different curves to it that are different. I'm still looking myself and just about to post a WTB for one for mine. My Part number is EE-1001 for the original round dial. Also anyone that has it to sell pm me. :)

Correcting my own post. Monarch gave me the wrong number. The correct number on mine "should" have been EE-2234 .

Time for an update.

This is what I have left.
Gearbox, feed rod and lead screw, apron, saddle and compound, bed and base and all the covers except the lower headstock cover.

This is what is sold.
Tail stock, the entire contents of the headstock, the belt idler pulleys, lower headstock cover, the spindle direction switch.

There are no drive components available, the drive was gutted before I got it.

Let me know if there's any parts you may need.

Kevin

Let me know if there's any parts you may need.

Kevin

Hi Kevin

I'm looking for the small cover to the left of the front drive compartment cover. Looks like it might be there in the pic, but not sure. Also, maybe the main contactor located behind the headstock. I might have one of those, but I can't get out to where it might be for a week or so.

Paul

Hi Kevin

I'm looking for the small cover to the left of the front drive compartment cover. Looks like it might be there in the pic, but not sure. Also, maybe the main contactor located behind the headstock. I might have one of those, but I can't get out to where it might be for a week or so.

Paul
Hello Paul,

PM sent…..

Kevin

Another update, new items that sold.

Way wiper covers.
Front & rear lower covers.
Small cover below the on/off switch.
Monarch badge.
Half nut lever and housing assembly.

Here's a current picture.

Please let me know if there's any other parts you may need.

Kevin

IMG_5918.jpg

The base on motor/generator and WiaD square-dials is essentially the same as the base on piggyback exciter round-dials. The covers should interchange.

Cal
The bottom cover should work on a round dial, but the top cover on a square dial is 1" taller than the cover for a round dial. However, if it is the two piece top cover, the one for a collet closer equipped machine, the topmost part is the same for all 10EE's, and only the middle part differs between round and square dial.

Back