What's new
What's new

1982 Fanuc 3M Program Notes

WakelessFoil

Aluminum
We have recently been doing some work on our Enshu-Yuasa Accumill, trying to get it cleaned up and ready to start making chips. I have been testing programs with this machine and noticed that the control does not recognize the more current standard for inserting notes into a program (parentheses). I figured out you can use a forward slash to add a note, but the text is all spaced out. Is there a parameter we can change to fix this? It's just mildly annoying. Speaking of mildly annoying, I am getting a headache looking at this messed up image on the CRT. If anyone has any clue how we could fix that I would greatly appreciate it. The machine was undervolted for a short period of time years ago, not sure if that could have an affect on the CRT. Already tried adjusting several pots.

IMG_4020.jpg

We have recently been doing some work on our Enshu-Yuasa Accumill, trying to get it cleaned up and ready to start making chips. I have been testing programs with this machine and noticed that the control does not recognize the more current standard for inserting notes into a program (parentheses). I figured out you can use a forward slash to add a note, but the text is all spaced out. Is there a parameter we can change to fix this? It's just mildly annoying. Speaking of mildly annoying, I am getting a headache looking at this messed up image on the CRT. If anyone has any clue how we could fix that I would greatly appreciate it. The machine was undervolted for a short period of time years ago, not sure if that could have an affect on the CRT. Already tried adjusting several pots.

Hello WakelessFoil,
The problem with using a Forward Slash, is that its the character for Block Delete. There will come a time when you want to actually use Block Delete in your program and you will be stuffed.

You will find that you can create the program using an Editor (Word Processor)/ Communication Software and be able to include Round Brackets to enclose comments. When you upload the program to the control, the Brackets and Comments will be intact.

Regards,

Bill

OK, on older CNCs that don't have a "full" keyboard, when wanting to use parenthesis (or any other character not on the keyboard), use a text editor like Quick-Link and type the parenthesis and labels, they'll be there when the NC data is uploaded to the control.
I used to have a Takisawa MAC-V1 with a Fanuc 0M-B cnc and a "limited" keyboard - it had no problem with anything I threw at it from the text editor.

Got that part, but on a 3T/M control using ( ) to enclose comments in your upload file results in everything including the brackets to be deleted from the control after uploading. The control appears to not be able to manage (). At least that is my experience. I would love to know how work around this limitation.

Angelw- ok, I'll ask the dummy question- what are round brackets?? thanks in advance!!

Rounded brackets () as opposed to square brackets []. Fanuc refers to "(" as being Control Out and ")" as Control in.

I have a few clients with FS3 (lathes and mills) controlled machines and all recognize () brackets when a program is uploaded to them. I'm not aware of a parameter that will influence acceptance of these characters.

Regards,

Bill

Got that part, but on a 3T/M control using ( ) to enclose comments in your upload file results in everything including the brackets to be deleted from the control after uploading. The control appears to not be able to manage (). At least that is my experience. I would love to know how work around this limitation.

I haven't ran a 3M for many years. But on a 3T my experience is the same as Dan's. If I add comments in the Editor they are gone when the program is loaded to the control.

I have the 3m model C from 1984. Mine also erases any kind of text when I send a program to it. It just leaves the line blank where the text was.

Hello WakelessFoil,
The problem with using a Forward Slash, is that its the character for Block Delete. There will come a time when you want to actually use Block Delete in your program and you will be stuffed.

You will find that you can create the program using an Editor (Word Processor)/ Communication Software and be able to include Round Brackets to enclose comments. When you upload the program to the control, the Brackets and Comments will be intact.

Regards,

Bill

We are unable to use () for notes. I think others mentioned that on the Fanuc 3 control, parentheses will not be accepted by the machine. Maybe there is no way to add notes on these early machines? It's a feature I can live without, but would sure be nice to have.

Back