What's new
What's new

(2) Geometric Heads and dies for sale 5/16 & 9/16

rbahr

Aluminum
Hi All,

I have 2 Geometric Heads for sale, one has markings, one does not. There are a lot of dies - mostly odd sizes, but go with the heads, and most seem unused.

$250 shipped CONUS

Die sizes are:
5/16: Quantity
10 - 3212
6 -3213
9/16: Quantity
1/4 - 201
1/4 - 2410
3/16 - 129
9/32 - 207
3/16 - 24
5/18 - 82
5/16 - 18
8 x 1mm
5/32 -20

Misc sizes:
1 S1 5/8 - 14
1 7/16 - 14
2​
IMG_5693 (Medium).JPGIMG_5694 (Medium).JPGIMG_5695 (Medium).JPGIMG_5696 (Medium).JPGIMG_5697 (Medium).JPGIMG_5698 (Medium).JPGIMG_5699 (Medium).JPGIMG_5700 (Medium).JPGIMG_5701 (Medium).JPG

Hey mate, I'm interested in this, but not bought anything on PM before. How do we ensure everyone gets what they want? i.e. you get paid and I get the heads

I generally trust the guys that have been long term members here. Sometimes I might check their recent post history if I don't know them well to make sure they're decent guys. That said, you can still use something like PayPal (not friends and family) to get some protection. You might get even a little further protection if you can use a credit card for the purchase.

I just checked both of your IPs too, and they both match your profile locations.

Thanks eKretz,

dangerboy: since someone needs to trust, how about the following: You send me some good faith money, say $50, I will ship the heads, I am assuming you want the chasers as well, then you send me the remaining $$$. As you are in Canada, you will need to help with shipping.

Thanks

Ray

I shipped 87 pounds in two boxes to Canada recently. The buyer had me use netparcel.com to generate UPS shipping labels. The cost of shipping (he paid) was much less than what USPS or PayPal/UPS quoted. He also got hit with Canada tax/duty charges.

If the buyer has a US shipping address, a USPS flat rate box will be cheap compared to sending it to Canada.

I saw at least one box of chasers in the photos for a K type head that will not work in either of those D type die heads. The box says 5/16 K, 6-32. Those chasers need to be sorted so you are not shipping scrap iron to the buyer. K heads work OK, but they were never as popular as the D type, so the K chasers have few buyers.

Larry

Last edited:
Gentlemen, as I said to rbahr in a pm, my father died just after this exchange. Just so you all know I'm not a flake and if it wasn't something like this I would have consummated the deal. If anyone knows of a similar set of die head/chasers I'm interested.

Back