What's new
What's new

2022 HAAS DT2 X axis issue

CSENNER

Plastic
We purchased a new HAAS DT2 2 months ago. After start up we ran a warmup program and the x-axis started making an awful banging noise when the way covers telescope. You can hear it at 25% rapid, at 100 the banging is violent enough to shake the slab it’s bolted to.

Below is a video. The sound does not do it justice though. If you’ve ever taken a dead blow to a way cover as hard as you can…that’s about what it sounds like.

Haas’s service guys have torn the way covers apart and have not been able to pinpoint the issue. They also tried replacing the bumpers which did not make any noticeable difference. They are not willing to swap the way covers until they determine the root.

Haas’s engineering is looking into the issue for 7 weeks and we still have no resolution or even an estimate. We have been told to just run it since it's under warranty. Got to love buying a brand new sports car that's broken and the dealer says it's fine but don't take it out of 2nd.

Anybody got any ideas on what the issue might be?

Sounds like the way cover is hitting the next one, try oiling around the 2nd cover. Seems like it's a little tight. Otherwise sounds pretty much normal.

Sounds like normal way covers to me.

Did the technician(s) say it sounds abnormal?

Is this the only machine you have?
Yeah the sound in the video doesnt do it justice.

the tech's didnt like the sound either which is why they tore the covers and tried replacing the bumpers.

no we have other machines and other divisions with the same make/model that do not make this noise.

Sounds like the way cover is hitting the next one, try oiling around the 2nd cover. Seems like it's a little tight. Otherwise sounds pretty much normal.
Yeah that’s exactly where the noise is coming from, when the last cover completely telescopes.

Thanks! Don’t think this will solve it but open to anything at this point and we’ll give that a shot

My 2015 VF3-SS sounds exactly the same, been running like that for 7 years, no issues.
I get two bangs because my covers are made of three sections, it's annoying.

Sounds normal enough.

If you want to make it quieter you could add a little extra/softer bumper to that point of contact where the one wiper begins to pull the other.

My vf2 x is the same (1000ipm max)
And my z when travelling down is loud. It’s the old 3pc and it’s got some weight to it to suddenly stop/go

My DT2 makes the noise when using the jog wheel on X and Y, sounds like a mallet hitting the covers. HFO said its normal. Its a Haas :D

Back