What's new
What's new

3D solid model sites?

broke

Hot Rolled
I would like to do some art/training projects and was wondering what sites are available for free or low cost downloads of good solid models?

Any leads?

The problem with 3d printing models is they are virtually all .stl files. If that's what you seek, I prefer printables.com

McMaster has a huge library of models of their products available in multiple formats.

Anybody can draw a pretty looking model, but not everybody can draw a model that allows you to change dimensions and features without breaking the whole thing...

Anybody can draw a pretty looking model, but not everybody can draw a model that allows you to change dimensions and features without breaking the whole thing...

Very true. Luckily most slicers have a feature built in that allows increasing or decreasing model size proportionately. That doesn't help a whole lot if only one feature needs to be changed though.

The problem with 3d printing models is they are virtually all .stl files. If that's what you seek, I prefer printables.com

McMaster has a huge library of models of their products available in multiple formats.

I'm wanting to do some milling programs so the .STL might be problematic?

I have a young guy who is interested in game piece figurines and I thought if I could find one we could work through it together.

I also have a wife who likes when I make her things. The problem is my modeling is limited to things that are functional, not swoopy and beautiful.

Yes, there are a lot of printable things on those sites.

The 3d printer guys go to places like Thingaverse and Grabcad

Back